Moving to Central Coast

LadyMc

Hi

hubby and I may be relocating to the Central Coast in a couple of weeks with our 3 year old twins and choco labrador. (I know, how do we not know if we are relocating or not. It's only two weeks away right?? Long story)

He will be working in Tuggerah and I was wondering which are the best areas for renting. Ideally we would like to be near public transport and of course water.

Also, can anyone recommend good daycare facilities. I'm open to family daycare or daycare centres.

Can my dog swim in the lake?

I have so many more questions but these will do for a starter. lol

Really appreciate any input

Jo

My parents live in Toukley which isn't hugely far away. You'll probably find with daycare that you have to take what you can get, especially with two of them, though it has to be said that the older they are the easier it is. I saw centres advertising vacancies in Wyong when I was down there at Christmas.

Dogs are not allowed off leash at Canton Beach, which is on the same lake directly across, check the Wyong Council website for animal laws - be aware that Australia as a whole is way less dog-friendly than the UK. The lake is full of discarded fishing tackle anyway - periodically they have to round up all the pelicans that get lures stuck in them.

As for rental areas, The Entrance is full of units and hard to park, at the other end Toukley and Gorokan will take an age to commute from and there's not many roads in and out, Wyong has its areas that are nice and I like the high street near the station, not overly familiar with Tuggerah itself apart from the shopping centre.

Gosford, Erina, The Entrance, Wyong would be good in terms of public transport.

The Entrance is best as area itself is good, family oriented, close to public transport & grocery store, schools etc and on the water. Tuggerah Business Park is only 10-15 minutes away by car. Rent is much economical like 3 bedroom furnished apartment would be around $450+. I haven't used the day care facility yet as I very much become a Housewife now :)

If you decide to move here then let me know and I will try me best to assist you.

Good luck!!!

Aussie Girl Bay

Hi

hubby and I may be relocating to the Central Coast in a couple of weeks with our 3 year old twins and choco labrador. (I know, how do we not know if we are relocating or not. It's only two weeks away right?? Long story)

He will be working in Tuggerah and I was wondering which are the best areas for renting. Ideally we would like to be near public transport and of course water.

Also, can anyone recommend good daycare facilities. I'm open to family daycare or daycare centres.

Can my dog swim in the lake?

I have so many more questions but these will do for a starter. lol

Really appreciate any input

Jo

• 1 year later...

We went up there for a look around and it looks very nice.

We went to a few places, including Terrigal and Avoca Beach is pretty awesome. It's as nice as any I've seen here really, up there with the likes of Avalon and Palm beach. We were amazed that we could take our dog places and not just a dog field (including most of the beaches, except there the flags are etc

Whilst it's not 'cheap' it's cheaper than Sydney. If we stay and buy that's the kind of place we'd like. So much more chilled than Sydney. No road ragers and no 'rat race' feeling.

The only problem is that the commute looks a bit of a push. Trains probably better than car, but not great. Does anyone do this kind of commute?

Edited by Captain Roberto

• 11 months later...