Advice on schools around Northern Beaches, NSW

DebW

Hi All, planning on moving home to Oz in 2016 after living in London for 15 years. We're moving to Sydney which is totally new to us, and feeling the panic of having no idea of the area, schools, etc. We have 2 daughters (8 and 10). We are looking at Pittwater House and St Luke's. Old dd will be due to start high school in 2017, and I've been told I have to register her by March to get her on the waiting list. I would like to have them in the same school, and a school which caters for 4-18, so hopefully only have to move them once. Any insight to these schools or others us gravely appreciated. Thanks Deb

Hi Deb the best thing would be to contact schools directly and get applications into them as soon as possible. Both Pittwater House and St Lukes are well-regarded but also quite hard to get in to. You may also want to consider Oxford Falls Grammar which is also very well regarded (and I'm told not quite as religious as the website would perhaps have you think). Another option might be Davidson High School which I believe has a feeder primary school right next door (Mimosa Public School), however you would need to be living within the catchment for these schools. Best of luck.

• 1 year later...

Hi, just wondered how you got on with schools? We are relocating in Jan 17 and are trying to make a decision on schools. We are coming over for a couple of weeks in November to view schools. We are looking at NBCS and Oxford Falls Grammar. We have 3 girls aged 7,10 and 12. I agree this is the biggest and most important thing to get right and seem to have spent hours (weeks even) researching. Any advice greatly received. Sandie

My colleague has 4 kids with 3 of them at NBCS (youngest isn't old enough yet)

He rates it very highly. I've had a quick look at their website and I like what I see a lot - if I had any doubts about the school my son is at, then I'd be looking at it (it's probably a 25 minute drive for us so reachable)

Your plan to view schools is a very good one. So much goes on feel, but the most important thing of all of course is how your kids actually get on with it