container vs half container

domthepom73

Guys,

I have made enquiries and have been quoted around $5000 to fill a container and have it shipped to Southampton from Fremantle. Does this seem reasonable based on your experience? Then there are the delivery costs from Southampton to final destination.

Also, I don't need a full container, I'm guessing I can get away with half a container but the costs seem similar but with a lot more hassle and risk to the goods. Has anyone gone down this path and if so, how much did you pay and was it worth it?

Thanks

Hi there, could I just ask which company quoted $5000, as we will be using the same route for our container and are currently getting quotes but so far they have all been $8500 upwards...

Many thanks :)

Hi Miley, try these guys; http://australiatrade.com.au/Shipping/Price/Exports/index.htm

they drop the container at your house, you pack it, they pick it up and deliver to your door.

you wouldn't have a spare 5 cubic meters in the container would you?

Thank dom, I hadn't heard of these guys so will look into it! If we do have any room spare I'll let you know, it will be around May time, although we're having to leave stuff behind to fit our stuff in so if we get too carried away chucking stuff out I will let you know :)

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

Ive been quoted $11488 with Chess removals from Perth to Kent for a 40ft container and Im not going to totally fill it. Thats door to door. Toying with purchasing a 20ft container for 3k and shipping ourselves at a later stage as will be in storage for about a year once it arrives, selling all the larger items here :arghh: Allied pickfords wanted $19950 for a 40ft so you've got yourself a bargain there!!! Go with it

That seems cheap mate. I'm paying $3,100 for 20m3 for Sydney to Perth, that's door to door easy access. I pack the boxes, they pack the container

We're considering using a move cube when we eventually make the move. There's a lot on here about them, one kind soul even uploaded photographs to show what would fit in. Just type move cube in the search box and the old posts should come up. The photo guy was called Kevsan, his post is towards the bottom of the list. Very helpful.

Edited by Fisher1

• 4 months later...

Hey Dom, 

I hope the move back to the UK went smoothly and you've settled into life back in Blighty.

Just wanted to see how you found Australian Trade for the shipping of your possessions?  Any unexpected bills at the other end?  Would you recommend?

Cheers

Rushy

On 08/01/2015 at 4:32 PM, domthepom73 said:

Guys,

I have made enquiries and have been quoted around $5000 to fill a container and have it shipped to Southampton from Fremantle. Does this seem reasonable based on your experience? Then there are the delivery costs from Southampton to final destination.

Also, I don't need a full container, I'm guessing I can get away with half a container but the costs seem similar but with a lot more hassle and risk to the goods. Has anyone gone down this path and if so, how much did you pay and was it worth it?

Thanks

Hey just wondered who gave you the quote as we are looking to move next year from Perth and pack our own things too!

On 09/01/2017 at 4:52 PM, goldyshell said:

Ive been quoted $11488 with Chess removals from Perth to Kent for a 40ft container and Im not going to totally fill it. Thats door to door. Toying with purchasing a 20ft container for 3k and shipping ourselves at a later stage as will be in storage for about a year once it arrives, selling all the larger items here :arghh: Allied pickfords wanted $19950 for a 40ft so you've got yourself a bargain there!!! Go with it

Hey if tha'ts 3K for a 20ft container thats good can I ask who that is with as we're looking to move early next year and we're going to pack our own stuff from Perth!