Looking for suburbs to relocate!

JoeHarris1986

Hi guys,

Myself and the other half are in the visa process to move to Adelaide later this year and are currently looking at which suburbs would best suit us? We want to be near the beach but also somewhere that is family friendly and things to do e.g markets etc. would be great to hear from anybody with some suggestions!

Cheers Joe & Carrie

Where will you be working? Adelaide is quite a long, spread out city, so if you would most likely be working in the north, it would be a bit silly to settle somewhere down south, and vice versa. I'd say if your work is more likely to be southern based then perhaps look at somewhere like Willunga, and if more likely to be city or northern based, somewhere like Semaphore might suit? Glenelg is also nice and handy for the city.

Being "near the beach" means different things to different people though - and there are some wonderful suburbs within say a 15 minute drive of a beach which are also worth looking at.

My personal choice is not to be too far from the City, which offers options all year round - I'm not a very beach-y sort of person and to me, isolating yourself year round from the activities in the city (by which I mean living more than an easy car trip or affordable taxi trip from the centre) just so that you can get to the beach in minutes in the 4-5 months of the year it's beach weather just isn't worth it. But many people feel differently!