457 - Current processing times

tbk

Hey all,

Decision ready 457 lodged on 23rd Oct, nomination approved on 10th Dec - still waiting for visa verdict...

My MA has tried to contact the department several times for an update but no responses at all, anyone experiencing the same?

Thanks people

Hey all,

Decision ready 457 lodged on 23rd Oct, nomination approved on 10th Dec - still waiting for visa verdict...

My MA has tried to contact the department several times for an update but no responses at all, anyone experiencing the same?

Thanks people

I'm no expert but it's been Christmas and New Year !

Hey, new here

we had our application lodged by my employers agent on the 12th November, got asked for info for the case officer in mid December which went back straight away and yet have still not heard anything. The company have already had visa granted for other employees so I am assuming there is nothing wrong there although I am starting to worry now!

Hey Avenger,

Your situation sounds a lot like mine! I had a chat with my MA yesterday and he told me that I do indeed have a case officer as he asked for extra documentation about a month ago to which my MA responded to. Still have heard absolutely nothing since then..

Given that it has been Christmas and new years and I can understand there may be a little back-log of applications waiting to be finalised.. Hoping to at least hear of an update regarding my application this week.

Does anyone else find it plain stupid that MA's are only given 1 email address as a point of contact for immigration?!?!?

thanks y'all

Hey, new here

we had our application lodged by my employers agent on the 12th November, got asked for info for the case officer in mid December which went back straight away and yet have still not heard anything. The company have already had visa granted for other employees so I am assuming there is nothing wrong there although I am starting to worry now!

I am a little glad to hear we are in a similar boat, we have pretty much sold everything and the house is due to be handed over at the end of the week as we will fly as soon as the visa is granted, I was supposed to start work yesterday!!!

i was starting to get worried that there was something wrong but if it's not just us that is suffering the wait

Anyone here applied themselves and not through MA?

I dont know anyone who has done this particular visa on their own.. I definitely think its to your advantage to use an MA as they will know what documents you will need. They would also handle any requests for extra documentation during the process stage, which has come in incredibly handy for me as they asked for proof of the current labour market in the area I will be working in.

From my experience so far I would advise to go with a highly recommended MA (if your gonna spend that amount of money), do your research and ask your friends who are in similar positions.

Hi Guys, in the same boat, 457 and MA lodged mine mid December and the company I am working for want me out there for the 26th Jan. Starting to get worried now that mine is not going to come through in time... Good luck everyone

Might be a good idea to let your company know what the deal is on your ETA. I've been needed at work since the new year but have convinced them to wait a little longer! Fingers crossed we all get an answer soon and everyone will be happy.

I am a little glad to hear we are in a similar boat, we have pretty much sold everything and the house is due to be handed over at the end of the week as we will fly as soon as the visa is granted, I was supposed to start work yesterday!!!

i was starting to get worried that there was something wrong but if it's not just us that is suffering the wait

Your definitely cutting it close, I'm sure you have the necessary contingency plans in place if you end up waiting longer.. where you moving from and to?

Edited by tbk

I'm still waiting too, although only kicked everything off just before xmas break. Still need to sort out health insurance.

- app lodged: 23/12/14

- employer nomination lodged: 23/12/14

- medical done 5/1/15

- health case submitted to DIBP 6/1/15

- medical and X-ray ‘completed’ (approved) 6/1/15

anyone got theirs yet?

Still waiting.... Got my MA to send another email to immi as apparently my work needs me there by the 18th of Jan, no response to that either.

I cant believe immi makes us wait this long, the application fee really does seem completely unjust now.

Keep me updated as to your progress guys!

I cant believe immi makes us wait this long, the application fee really does seem completely unjust now.

Stated service time is 2-3 months, but my MA reckons it is usually much less than this.

Guess it depends on whether everything goes smoothly or not.

Stated service time is 2-3 months, but my MA reckons it is usually much less than this.

Guess it depends on whether everything goes smoothly or not.

My company say that usually they have them back within 3 weeks, a colleague applied for hers a couple of weeks before me, and got to fly out mid Dec!!!!!

My company say that usually they have them back within 3 weeks, a colleague applied for hers a couple of weeks before me, and got to fly out mid Dec!!!!!

Wow, she is very lucky to have been processed so quick! Very jealous to say the least.

Hi, I'm fortunate that my MA is the company MA, so they are fully up to speed with where we are at in the process. Just frustrating as sitting on the money for the flight but don't want to book it before getting the final ok. Also the company want me to be there to celebrate Australia Day!! and so do I!!

My nomination had been approved 3 weeks ago but my application is still "In Progress"

I called Immi and the guy said, there will be no CO allocated if your application fulfil the requirements. They will just tick you off.

Unless you have some missing documents, they will contact you. They now work in teams not individuals.

My nomination had been approved 3 weeks ago but my application is still "In Progress"

I called Immi and the guy said, there will be no CO allocated if your application fulfil the requirements. They will just tick you off.

Unless you have some missing documents, they will contact you. They now work in teams not individuals.

Interesting. May I ask what number you used to call immi? Might try my luck there and see if I can get any update. thanks!

Hi, I'm hoping to hear something back early this week, but just one thought, my MA is Ernst & Young and has processed a number of 457 visas for the company I am to be employed for. Everything was lodged in early December, but the said they would let me know if I needed a medical, so not to organise one yet. From reading the threads, it appears that everyone else has submitted a medical. Officially my contract is due to start on the 27th Jan, but as the visa is being dealt with by their regular MA, they are happy to hold the job open for me. Problem is the site that I am opening opens beginning of feb, so ideally wanted to be flying on the 23rd. Packed everything, thrown 3/4 of my clothes in the bin and as I have family that live all over the UK, am having a leaving party on the 17th Jan, so could be interesting if I don't get the visa! Can anyone give guidance on why visa's are turned down, if at all? My Police Cert etc is all clear so can't see any reason for it be being but just getting a little nervous now :)

Hi, I'm hoping to hear something back early this week, but just one thought, my MA is Ernst & Young and has processed a number of 457 visas for the company I am to be employed for. Everything was lodged in early December, but the said they would let me know if I needed a medical, so not to organise one yet. From reading the threads, it appears that everyone else has submitted a medical. Officially my contract is due to start on the 27th Jan, but as the visa is being dealt with by their regular MA, they are happy to hold the job open for me. Problem is the site that I am opening opens beginning of feb, so ideally wanted to be flying on the 23rd. Packed everything, thrown 3/4 of my clothes in the bin and as I have family that live all over the UK, am having a leaving party on the 17th Jan, so could be interesting if I don't get the visa! Can anyone give guidance on why visa's are turned down, if at all? My Police Cert etc is all clear so can't see any reason for it be being but just getting a little nervous now :)

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/health-exam.htm

I assume you are from a low risk country. Hence, you do not need to submit your medicals. Most visas are turned down because most some of them submitted an incomplete application(missing documents) or they did not provide sufficient documents of their dependants.

If one do not have any criminal record, I think he/she will be fine. My 2 cents.

I am also still waiting for a reply from IMMI. Submitted almost a month already.