painter & decorator work in Adelaide

Kazlex

Hi there,

Looking for some advice from all you lovely knowledgable people. Just had my husband's positive skills assessment back from tra & looking at different regions. We quite like Adelaide as it seems nice family place as we'll have 3 young dd's. Is there work opportunities for painter & decorator in Adelaide & what kind of wage should we expect. Does anyone know of recruitment agency for painters & decorators? Got our medicals arranged for 7th November & would really like to have decided what state we're going to before then. Also been thinking of Darwin but know that NT a lot more harsh & unforgiving.

Thanks

Karen & Alex

• 4 weeks later...

My fiance and I are in the same boat just now - we are still undecided on which location to ove and have thought about Adelaide due to a potential job offer there.

He is a painter to trade but is in the management side now and I googled painting and construction companies and fired his CV out to them - most are really good and will come back and advise if they have any positions available. Also if you use the aus job boards they can help yolu get a ball park figure on salaries. I did a salary survey this week but didn't look at painting jobs cos we are hoping he will go straight into a management position - I'm thinking I may need to do that so at least we are prepared if his dream job doesnt materialise straight away lol