anyone in NSW doing Year 11 or 12 - Experiences and comparison with British education system.

Tinashe Cliff

If you were doing your 'A' Levels in the UK, it would mean two years of hard work between the ages of 16 and 18, and if you were in Australia it would mean, as I understand it, exactly the same thing except the qualifcation is called the HSC?

And then, whether in the UK, or Australia, depending upon your results, and what you want to do, you apply to the university of your choice, depending what sort of career you are hoping to pursue?

If, as you claim, the Aussie system is more laid back and not as advanced, then Aussie doctors, dentists, nurses, psychologists, vets, brokers, bankers, estate agents, architects, lawyers, etc, etc, must all be inferior to their British counterparts because the HSC is far inferior to 'A' Levels, and the universities must in turn be inferior, and the salaries you would earn are likewise inferior.

I guess if age is on your side, you could always go back to the UK and re-take all your qualifications there to ensure you are at a higher standard? Or you could just accept the inferior Aussie standards, and follow your inferior career in NSW. I hope it is not a life wasted.