Seriously struggling

Nicole13

So in a couple days time it's been a year since my family and I made the move, things have not been easy...school was annoying I struggled to make friends, still am I just have no common interests with anyone. I do have friends although it's more like aquintances. They are lovely people it's just the connection isn't there. We have moved a few times there's been medical issues I've been trying to finish my last year of school, applying to uni and so on and things are really getting me down especially because I don't have the same kind of friends here I once had. I really am struggling with it all and I really need to meet people my own age with similar interests to mine and hopefully that would make me start to settle better.

Hiya,

Sounds like you are a little isolated at the moment; have you had a look at local activities maybe that you could get involved in? Or maybe a little part time job to meet new people? Also if you are starting Uni soon i'm sure you will meet people with a common interest; Not sure how old you are but hope you feeling better soon:-)

Hey, I have a part time job already but to be honest I still have nothing in common with the people I work with I just find the maturity level is no where near what I'm used to I'm 17 but hopefully you're right and I'll make connections at uni. Thank you for your reply :)

Hey, I have a part time job already but to be honest I still have nothing in common with the people I work with I just find the maturity level is no where near what I'm used to I'm 17 but hopefully you're right and I'll make connections at uni. Thank you for your reply :)

Grasp uni by the horns. It is a very different thing being the new girl in an established school year, and being one of many new people at a university. Also remember that Australian's are British people who live in a warm climate. They don't enjoy the subtleties of language that the British do. They don't really do subtle full stop. Don't be shy. Enjoy. (You can always come back to the UK when you get your degree if you really hate it)

• 1 month later...

Heya,

Ive just moved to Perth this Oct and Im currently on a bit of a gap year, but will also be going uni, but probably in semester 2 next year. Would be great to meet a few people :)