Currency Transfers with Moneycorp

Guest John from Moneycorp

58fd6cf2a23c7_BANNER240414V1.GIF.8abafaffa0d4a2c48ea617a59aa67f68.GIFA Guide to Sending Money Overseas

Hundreds of Poms in Oz members have benefited from using Moneycorp for their international money transfers. Moneycorp’s services are straightforward, simple to use and will save you money.

The following text outlines the 4 step process and how it works.

1. Set up your Moneycorp account

To start making money transfers, you will need to open an account with Moneycorp. This can be done online and only takes a few minutes - click here to register

Opening an account carries no costs or obligations on your behalf.

2. Choose the best solution for your needs

Once your Account is set up, your personal account manager will contact you to identify and discuss your specific requirements. They will be your personal point of contact for all future transactions and will explain the proposed course of action and options that best suits your personal needs.

3. Arrange your finances

Once you have verbally agreed to a money transfer with your personal account manager, you will be sent a Contract Summary outlining the details. This document will include a form giving you instructions on how to transfer your funds to Moneycorp.

The Contract Summary will also include a Transfer Instruction form, on which you will need to put details of the bank account(s) into which you would like your currency to be paid following your transaction.

For further information regarding the different options when buying your currency, please click here

4. Payment methods

You may use one of a variety of payment methods to send your funds to Moneycorp. Everything will be explained clearly by our staff and there is a dedicated customer service team who can help you with any questions you might have.

Poms in Oz & Moneycorp

Exclusively for PomsInOz members, you will not pay any transfer fees when sending your money overseas.

Register with Moneycorp by clicking here

For more information, call +44 (0)20 7589 3000, please remember to quote PomsInOz.

• 5 years later...
On 01/02/2012 at 02:11, John from Moneycorp said:

58fd6cf2a23c7_BANNER240414V1.GIF.8abafaffa0d4a2c48ea617a59aa67f68.GIFA Guide to Sending Money Overseas

Hundreds of Poms in Oz members have benefited from using Moneycorp for their international money transfers. Moneycorp’s services are straightforward, simple to use and will save you money.

The following text outlines the 4 step process and how it works.

1. Set up your Moneycorp account

To start making money transfers, you will need to open an account with Moneycorp. This can be done online and only takes a few minutes - click here to register

Opening an account carries no costs or obligations on your behalf.

2. Choose the best solution for your needs

Once your Account is set up, your personal account manager will contact you to identify and discuss your specific requirements. They will be your personal point of contact for all future transactions and will explain the proposed course of action and options that best suits your personal needs.

3. Arrange your finances

Once you have verbally agreed to a money transfer with your personal account manager, you will be sent a Contract Summary outlining the details. This document will include a form giving you instructions on how to transfer your funds to Moneycorp.

The Contract Summary will also include a Transfer Instruction form, on which you will need to put details of the bank account(s) into which you would like your currency to be paid following your transaction.

For further information regarding the different options when buying your currency, please click here

4. Payment methods

You may use one of a variety of payment methods to send your funds to Moneycorp. Everything will be explained clearly by our staff and there is a dedicated customer service team who can help you with any questions you might have.

Poms in Oz & Moneycorp

Exclusively for PomsInOz members, you will not pay any transfer fees when sending your money overseas.

Register with Moneycorp by clicking here

For more information, call +44 (0)20 7589 3000, please remember to quote PomsInOz.

Hi John. 

I tried to open a moneycorp account earlier earlier in the week but it said there is a 'delay with the systems' and I haven't had a confirmation of the account being open yet. 

Is there a timescale on the delay? I was hoping to take advantage of the stronger pound soon (ish)

many thanks

simon

On 22/09/2017 at 09:33, John from Moneycorp said:

Hi Simon

Please could you email me - john.kinghorn@moneycorp.com

I will look into this asap for you.

Thanks

John 

Thanks John - all set up now. 

Are there any charges at all when transferring money into an Australian bank account? 

Do you publish your exchange rates daily? 

Just wanted to say we have today transferred our funds from the UK to Oz through Moneycorp without a hitch -yeeha !

Our Moneycorp manager Mohammed Alum has been very supportive over the last 12 months as I have pontificated over transferring when the £ was so low

But the transfer has gone smoothly thank goodness as several years ago I transferred from my Aussie bank to my UK bank who after two hours decided to send the funds back to Oz !!!

The funds were 'lost ' for 5 weeks floating in the ether one would guess - the UK bank did give me the funds back before the transaction was 'found ' at my insistence but !

I feel with Moneycorp having a 'real person ' to deal with is an asset so well done

• 1 month later...

John,

Is the budget expected to weaken the pound?

I am thinking of using MoneyCorp, I've opened an account and uploaded documents. I was wondering why MoneyCorp does not provide the opportunity to put in a figure somewhere so a customer can see what they would get after the transfer, Transferwise has this on their website.

Regards,

PW.

Hi,

Regarding the budget, it depends on any significant announcements and how these are perceived. Brexit news still having a big factor on the pound.

Once you are registered with us, you can view live rates via our online service as/when needed - or by asking your personal Account Manager (via email or over the phone). 

Plus, of course, your Moneycorp Account Manager can provide guidance on the exchange rate which relates to your own situation and timelines. 

Thanks

John 

Yes, once your account is open then you can view rates.

Please feel free to email me your full name/email address - I can check your application is processing smoothly - john.kinghorn@moneycorp.com

Edited by John from Moneycorp

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the message.

Moneycorp provide a market monitoring service from an Account Manager, which can help you transfer your money at a good time. 

How much are you looking to transfer and do you have an estimate time for making the transfer? 

Has anyone tried to transfer money from Santander to Moneycorp? It has been nothing but a nightmare. I'll forgo the hour and a half I spent on the phone to Santander to get my payments to moneycorp, but I have received an email from MoneyCorp telling me I have a negative balance, but the money should have been there by now. Looking at my online transactions is confusing, it looks like the money left my account, came back, then went out again.

30th - Bill payment via faster payment to moneycorp reference <myrefnumber>  THE £ AMOUNT
1st - Pended bill payment credited for interest to moneycorp      THE £ AMOUNT
1st - Bill payment via faster payment to moneycorp reference <myrefnumber> THE £ AMOUNT

Does anyone know what this means? I cant ring the bank as its out of hours, and also for Moneycorp. I mean, its only going from one UK account to another UK account. What's the bloody issue? Very frustrated, I've done my part, now it looks like the bank is shafting me. The Au$ should have been bought on Friday as per the contract.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:34, PW1 said:

Has anyone tried to transfer money from Santander to Moneycorp? It has been nothing but a nightmare. I'll forgo the hour and a half I spent on the phone to Santander to get my payments to moneycorp, but I have received an email from MoneyCorp telling me I have a negative balance, but the money should have been there by now. Looking at my online transactions is confusing, it looks like the money left my account, came back, then went out again.

30th - Bill payment via faster payment to moneycorp reference <myrefnumber>  THE £ AMOUNT
1st - Pended bill payment credited for interest to moneycorp      THE £ AMOUNT
1st - Bill payment via faster payment to moneycorp reference <myrefnumber> THE £ AMOUNT

Does anyone know what this means? I cant ring the bank as its out of hours, and also for Moneycorp. I mean, its only going from one UK account to another UK account. What's the bloody issue? Very frustrated, I've done my part, now it looks like the bank is shafting me. The Au$ should have been bought on Friday as per the contract.

It's not Moneycorp it's Santander. Their anti-fraud team has gone into hyperdrive recently blocking any transaction that is "out of the ordinary". The problem is if you're living in Australia and therefore make very few transactions each year then any transaction is "out of the ordinary". You can contact Santander using the secure messaging facility on your online banking.

Edited by Ken

• 2 years later...

Trying to open account with you and am stuck on the “verifying identity” page. The number you gave me on your email telling me I need to finish up registering with you is no longer connected and when I found another “contact us” number on your website, I called it, only to be told at 9:15am that I had called out of business hours which started at 7:30 am.  Not a very impressive start I am sad to say