short term on arrival ?

dinkyrachydon

Try posting over on Poms in Adelaide as there are more people there that can give more specific advice. Otherwise look at Stayz.com.au or takeabreak.com.au for holiday accomodation. Or just google holiday accommodation Adelaide for ideas. Serviced apartments are a good idea, but not cheap. If you want to stay for 6 weeks though lots of places will give a discount for a long stay. There are plenty of options available in and around the city and by the beaches. Most people seem to get short term accommodation for two or three weeks while they find something long term then camp out in the long term rental until their container arrives. There are even people over on Poms on Adelaide that will lend you stuff until yours arrives.

I doubt you'll need a short term place for 6-8 weeks. Average seems to be 3-4 from what I read on our Adelaide forum.

If it's just the 2 of you I'd cost up everything from a small unit to a furnished house for short term options. It may be better for you to stay nearer the city and have a unit that further out in the suburbs and have a holiday house. Personally if it were just hubby and I coming out I'd go the city route to start off.

NicF made some good suggestions re areas to look and sites to check.

Well it does depend where you are looking and how fussy you are about long term rental. We booked 6 weeks in the city and it was only just long enough to get our rental sorted, mind you the landlord kept us on hold for nearly 2 weeks!

it can depend what time of year you arrive, there wasn't much around in the areas we wanted in February.

i would deffo stay in the city when you arrive there are lots of nice town houses and apartments and you won't need a car straight away then.