Brrrr!!! Winter weather in Adelaide today!!

Guest Guest9973

Guest Guest9973

Just to warn those who may think it's warm all the time here.

Brrrr!!! flipping cold here in Adelaide today!! 12c apparently but with the wind / rain / hailstorms it feels a lot colder.

Could be a little bit of snow in the hills tonight!!:swoon:

Coldest day for 9 years.

This was the view this morning...............

Cold adelaide..jpg

Cold adelaide..jpg

Edited by Guest9973

G'day, Tyke, as soon as the weather eases off, get a trip out to the snapper beds. They should be in fairly close during winter.

A floated pillie, or a whiting head and, hopefully, a decent snapper.fishing1.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest Guest9973
G'day, Tyke, as soon as the weather eases off, get a trip out to the snapper beds. They should be in fairly close during winter.

A floated pillie, or a whiting head and, hopefully, a decent snapper.fishing1.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Hiya Bob,

Yep we fish for Snapper all year round with pretty good result.

I took a first timer (boat and Snapper fishing) out a few weeks ago and he bust my record!!

He ended up pulling out a 33.5lb monster after a 15 minute battle ( I let him play it) - plus I pulled out a 22 and 25lb'er.

I doubt he will ever beat that personal best - bit backward really!

Yep, we use Whiting heads on most of our spots, pesky undersize Snapper strip most else very quickly.!!!

Jason Snapper1.jpg

Jason Snapper2.jpg

Jason Snapper1.jpg

Jason Snapper2.jpg

I won't be lifting anything like that for a few months, whilst I recover from my hernia! It's been cold in Sydney too, and colder still in the bush, but every day for the last two weeks has been bright and sunny. I'll go out in a few minutes and soak up a few rays. The main problem in Australia in winter is cold homes, with no central heating. I may have been feeling the cold more this week, recuperating from my operation, because even with three layers on, thick doona and blanket, my hands were cold. If I was feeling fitter, I'd probably go for a swim!

it has been colder than usual here in SA and it's been nice to be 'cosy' for while as opposed to baking hot but i think i'm ready for spring now!

Strange it's been warmer than usual here in Brisbane I think. Quite a few days near 25c. This is our winter so far:

040913_122_06_8940472768009659338.png

040913_122_07_6789686407071444463.png

• 2 weeks later...

It would seem it's my fault!

Every time I'm in Australia (Noarlunga, SA) we get record breaking hot summers and cold winters - I'm here for every single one of them! I'd suggest you send me back now so you can get back to normal. Seriously though, I'm from Manchester and even I have been waking up in the night shivering, I even had numb toes after being outside for half an hour the other day. It feels cold yet I used to cope really well with the exact same temperatures back in the UK -is it just me or does 15 here feel a lot colder than a UK 15 it's crazy @_@

I think some of it's connected with becoming acclimatised to Australian weather and that the houses aren't set up to deal with cold weather. But still, something funky is going on!

I think it is partly the unheated homes (no central heating I mean), and partly the way the temperature fluctuates in 24 hours during the winter?

I just went for a walk down to Prince Alfred Park, and in the shade, I felt miserable, though I was dressed in four layers with scarf and beanie. Then when I got into the park, I found a seat in the sun, and it was hot! I could only stand it for a few minutes.

In UK, it's cold outside in winter but the houses are always warm (provided you can pay for the heating!) but here the houses are cold, but when you go outside, well, it could be cold, but it could be warm!

Is it still cold? Is it worth packing my son's onesie for a month long visit at the end of the week?

It was 18c and sunny yesterday, although it started the day really cold. Today started feeling not too bad and was not cold when I went out at lunch time but it is now windy, raining and down to 12c outside my house. I think it's worth packing the onesie, even if he only gets to wear it in the evenings.

I have been in Adelaide for the past fortnight. (Back in the UK now) It wasn't hot but by no means cold.

Slightly chilly, sure. The other thing I noticed was that when people said, oh no it's going to rain tomorrow; it would rain for an hour and then the sun would come out and it was beautiful.

I've got to be honest, it was good for me to be there in winter after only ever being there in the summer in the past. It wasn't half as bad as I imagined though, I found it was not cold like it is in Northern Europe in the winter and you can still go out and do things. Just take your rain coat.

I even went for a swim at Glenelg which everyone thought was crazy, but I didn't think it was that cold at all.

It was good to see how cold it does get, however if that's the coldest it gets in Adelaide, then I'm in. I could absolutely live with that.

I've lived 15 yrs in the UK (Spent 30 yrs before that living in Sth Aust)been in Adelaide a few months now,and yes I feel bloody cold!!!Tues was nice,18c but the rest of the time its felt cold to me!

Where are you in Wiltshire? Coming from The Waterside, near Southampton, I was close to Wilts, somewhere up Salisbury Road, is the border. I cycled up there a few times, A36? Never made it to Salisbury itself on my bike. Liking both Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich, and The Troggs, gives me an extra soft spot for Salisbury and Andover.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...