travel agencies for working holiday visa and where to start the working holiday experience?

lknights1987

Hi all,

First of all me and my girlfriend are looking at going to australia next year ( between march and april) on a working holiday visa.

Having spoken to a few travel companies real gap and sta travel they both offer the same package ie flights,whv, hostel for the first week, australian bank set up, insurance and a year contract with a job agency plus job advice all for around £750pp exclusive of flights. Global work and travel agency offer everything that I've already mentioned and a job opportunity as well.

Has anyone on here ever used any of these agencies? If so what advice can you give me? Am i better off booking everything myself or booking through one of these companies?

Also where would be an ideal place to start the working holiday experience job wise?

Many Thanks

You can do all of this yourself very simply. The visa takes about 10 minutes to do on line. All of the major banks allow you to apply on line from the uk - google NAB. Hostels are plentiful and again can be booked on line. You can do all of this for a fraction of what they want to charge in a couple of hours.

Agree with the above. Don't pay a company to do it all for you. It's all easy to do either online before you go or once you arrive. Makes it more fun too doing all your own research, planning and stuff.

Thanks guys for your comments!

Can someone recommend a good place to start for farming work if me and my girlfriend arrive in march/april next year? We plan to get 88 days farming/regional work out of the way first to give us that option of staying an extra year if everything works out.