Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Title
      PomsInOz Chatter Box
      Liked
      8679 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by MovingtoTasmania View Post
      I'm not sure what you mean by "broken" look. Are you wanting the masala (gravy) to look chunkier? Or be thicker? How you prepping the onions and getting the consistency you want at the moment? Because the amount of onions directly correlates to the amount of masala and the look of the masala.
      the more I blend the better the look at the moment ........I just want to get the sauce right , could also have something to do with the oil ,I`m not sure , yes thicker ,chuncky texture for Madras /Vindaloo .......

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      14028 times
      Rep
      Well there's no hope of me actually cooking any of this. Bring some food to the meet up will you? :P

Title
      PomsInOz Chatter Box
      Liked
      8679 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by BritChickx View Post
      Well there's no hope of me actually cooking any of this. Bring some food to the meet up will you? :P
      Brit you could if you tried believe me ......and then you would enjoy cooking ..............

Title
      M1cha3la's beloved :-)
      Liked
      5859 times
      Rep
      Is this the look you are going for (picture below) or are you wanting something smooth that looks like meat in thick soup?

IMG-20140604-00085.jpgIMG-20140604-00086.jpg
      Husband's Spouse Visa Offshore Application 309/100 Sent 24/09/13
      Application Received at Australia House, London 25/09/13 @ 07:49
      Payment taken 26/09/13
      CO assigned 05/11/13 (WP)
      Visa Subclass 100 Partner Migrant Visa granted 30/05/14

Title
      PROUD NORTHERNER
      Liked
      12229 times
      Rep
      Some vegetarian recipes would be great MTM please. Not too hot or spicy. I like garlic and lots of onion, Dahl is good and onion bhaji.
      Thanking you in anticipation :)
      I drink, therefore I dance.....

Title
      Rescuing Penguin & Joker
      Liked
      2848 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by tonyman View Post
      MtT I`m trying to get that authentic british style look of the curry sauce where its like a broken look if you know what I mean ..........I`m sure its more to do with the onions , consistency and the way its blended .......I`ve been almost there ........even though everyone who had tried my curry loves and raves about it I feel its just "almost there" and always want to better myself , maybe you could help .....I will cook for you when you get here and in you honest opinion I would like you to tell me my faults , if any .........I wont be hurt as I like to get straight to the point .........

Hey thats not because youre using that Pataks bottled curry paste you showed me???
      Last edited by gee13; 05-06-2014 at 03:33 AM.
      "Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      525 times
      Rep
      I prefer a good Jalfrezi, have found some good recipes on-line will try and dig them out.

Title
      PomsInOz Chatter Box
      Liked
      8679 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by gee13 View Post
      Hey thats not because youre using that Pataks bottled curry paste you showed me???

no not at all , the Pataks paste I use goes down too well with everyone ,children , Jac , family , curry nights that we hold everyone brings a curry ,but they all love mine .........I add to the paste ...I don't mind using that at all but I do stop at these curry sauces ,they are garbage ............yes I`ve made it from scratch many a time but in a busy house like mine Pataks is a winner , sometimes I just don't have that extra hour to make the base curry .....my curry is that famous here and UK its actually in a cook book , I was so reluctant to hold on to my simple recipe but gave in last September for it to be published ...............

Title
      M1cha3la's beloved :-)
      Liked
      5859 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by tonyman View Post
      no not at all , the Pataks paste I use goes down too well with everyone ,children , Jac , family , curry nights that we hold everyone brings a curry ,but they all love mine .........I add to the paste ...I don't mind using that at all but I do stop at these curry sauces ,they are garbage ............yes I`ve made it from scratch many a time but in a busy house like mine Pataks is a winner , sometimes I just don't have that extra hour to make the base curry .....my curry is that famous here and UK its actually in a cook book , I was so reluctant to hold on to my simple recipe but gave in last September for it to be published ...............
      Wow, that's a long time for cooking. I cooked all those curries in 2 hours yesterday! Golly.....
      Husband's Spouse Visa Offshore Application 309/100 Sent 24/09/13
      Application Received at Australia House, London 25/09/13 @ 07:49
      Payment taken 26/09/13
      CO assigned 05/11/13 (WP)
      Visa Subclass 100 Partner Migrant Visa granted 30/05/14

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      662 times
      Rep
      I'm not sure if Dhansaks are "real" outside of restaurants, but anything similar, with veggies, would be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindor View Post
      Some vegetarian recipes would be great MTM please. Not too hot or spicy. I like garlic and lots of onion, Dahl is good and onion bhaji.
      Thanking you in anticipation :)
      309/100 visa application lodged 28/08/13 | Visa sub-class 309 granted 09/05/14 | Arrived NSW 27/05/15 | 100 (PR) visa application lodged 27/09/15 | PR granted 13/04/16

•  
    Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast