commuting to penrith

Guest drjm01

Guest drjm01

Hi I will be hopefully starting a job in penrith at the end of january. We are keen to get the most of our year in nsw. The general impression that i have got from people is that we would be best living in sydney and commuting to penrith, one suggestion was to live in parramatta. Is this an easy commute? they seem to be on the same trainline to the centre of the city. I'm not keen on a long journey each day but would be willing if it means living in a good part of town with lots to do . any suggestions would be welcome. cheers

Guest Dave53

If you are going to be working in Penrith , why not live in Penrith ??? .. Have you heard some bad things about it or what ? ...

Hi and welcome. I am not sure who you are getting your advice from, but Parrmmatta is definitely not a nice part of town!! If you are working in Penrith i would definitely live out that way. If you want to visit Sydney then it's only an hour or less to do so, but if you have to travel that distance to work every day then it would not be as great.

Just my 2 cents

Daphne

Guest JRaj
Hi and welcome. I am not sure who you are getting your advice from, but Parrmmatta is definitely not a nice part of town!! If you are working in Penrith i would definitely live out that way. If you want to visit Sydney then it's only an hour or less to do so, but if you have to travel that distance to work every day then it would not be as great.

Just my 2 cents

Daphne

Have to agree. Penrith is dead! There is nothing to do there and it judging by the rental prices, it's a crap place to live.

I suggest that if you are driving, live as close as you can to the M4. Having said that the areas off the M4 are more industrial than anything else.

You could live in the Blue Mountains are and drive in that way. It depends what kind of lifestyle you want. Basically there is plenty to do in the city, the further west you go, the more boring it gets (unless you like hiking etc.)

• 1 year later...

Move in to the lower Blue Mountains, Glenbrook, Blaxland, Lapstone, or even Springwood. Its about 20 mins max on the train and the area is beautiful. Small towns and villages, low crime, friendly locals. Its about 1.5 hr to central Sydney . Rentals are reletively cheap

Ian

Archived