Developer Programmer -- need 70, not 60 points?

peterc1983

Hi,

I recently say my IELTS and was speaking to a guy who said he was told by his agency that he would need 70 points to be considered for a 189 Visa as a Software Engineer. I'm choosing Developer Programmer as my skill, but it's a fairly similar role.

I've just submitted my ACS and, if I get my 20 points for IELTS, I'll have 70 points based on experience and degree, or 60 if I only get 10 points for IELTS.

Has anyone came across this information about not having a good chance without 70 points?

Thanks.

There was pro-rata invitation measures in place a while back due to high demand and in certain occupations only high scoring EOIs were receiving invitations. From March 1st the DIBP increased the allocation levels and now the only occupations that are still subject to pro-rata invitations are ICT Business and Systems Analysts (ANZSCO group 2611)

There was pro-rata invitation measures in place a while back due to high demand and in certain occupations only high scoring EOIs were receiving invitations. From March 1st the DIBP increased the allocation levels and now the only occupations that are still subject to pro-rata invitations are ICT Business and Systems Analysts (ANZSCO group 2611)

Thanks; my skill is ANZSCO 261312, but it explains what the guy was perhaps talking about, cheers.

By the time your ACS comes back it will be a new program year anyway and the yearly allocation will reset. Always best to keep an eye on the current skillselect reports/ceiling limits on the immi.gov.au site, but I reckon you'll be fine with 60.

By the time your ACS comes back it will be a new program year anyway and the yearly allocation will reset. Always best to keep an eye on the current skillselect reports/ceiling limits on the immi.gov.au site, but I reckon you'll be fine with 60.

When does the program year reset? I must've misread; I thought it was March 2015?

Should be fine. I'm ANZCO Developer Programmer and I got an invite last month with 60 points, took about 4 months.

Unfortunately I miscalculated my points and actually only had 50 so I've got to wait until this invite expires and update my EOI when I've retaken my IELTS (hopefully bagging 20 points).

Should be fine. I'm ANZCO Developer Programmer and I got an invite last month with 60 points, took about 4 months.

Unfortunately I miscalculated my points and actually only had 50 so I've got to wait until this invite expires and update my EOI when I've retaken my IELTS (hopefully bagging 20 points).

Perfect, thanks for the information. I'm waiting for my ACS assessment to complete just now, and I re-sat my IELTS for the 20 pts. As an aside, can you recall how long your ACS stuff took to come through?