Is Channel 7 like Sky 1?

samdom1

Hey all, so in the Brisbane area can you tell me is Channel 7 like Sky 1 for getting the better series/programmes aired? Do any of you know if Sky Living, or any Sky channels are available and if so...how?

Ive mentioned before that I'm really not a telly addict and its still true...and I dont plan to watch telly all day long, but I would hope to be able to see my faves occasionally like...Grey's Anatomy etc..

Yes you're right Chanel 7 is the station that seems to have those shows including Greys Anatomy. Other shows I've seen includes Lost and Heroes on there which I loved. Don't worry about not finding stuff to watch we have excellent free-to-air shows in Oz.

It's main rival is Channel 9 which I think is closer to ITV as it has strong news and comedy shows such as Big Bang Theory and Two-and-a-half-Men.

Yes you're right Chanel 7 is the station that seems to have those shows including Greys Anatomy. Other shows I've seen includes Lost and Heroes on there which I loved. Don't worry about not finding stuff to watch we have excellent free-to-air shows in Oz.

It's main rival is Channel 9 which I think is closer to ITV as it has strong news and comedy shows such as Big Bang Theory and Two-and-a-half-Men.

Thanks Jasepom!....I'm thrilled that I can keep up with Grey's Anatomy. :laugh: Just The Blacklist and Downton Abbey to find ....

ABC, 7, 10 and 9 tend to over run previous programmes so add at least 30 mins to the end of your recording. Nightmare at times, particularly when they do not tell you they have rescheduled the programme or even stopped it for a couple of weeks. UKTV is good for catching up on programmes missed on the previously mentioned channels later in the year. So do not be surprised if it suddenly disappears for a couple of weeks. Yes commercials are annoying, best to watch programmes on record. In some states the channels have different names... 10 here is called TDT and 7 is called Southern Cross, that is confusing.

As long as you don't mind ads every few minutes! Can't bear to watch anything on the commercial channels these days unless they're recorded. I swear the total ad time is longer than the programme time!

Yourr not wrong the average adverts per hour can be around 15 minutes. The trick is to record everything and with a PVR you can almost watch it live and slip through the ads.

But having said that Ive found TV channels in Oz have much better variety of movies showing than uk. They're not clogged up with soaps so they have the time slots to do it. I see they are showing all the previous Spider-Man movies showing to coincide with the new one released at the cinema. It's heavily advertised if course.

Looking at the guide tomorrow night they're showing the folding films :-

Tower Heist (2011)

Deep Blue Sea (1999)

Pretty in Pink (1986)

if you want something low brow :

Outback Truckers

The worlds deadliest roads

swamp people

Entertainment :-

So you think you can dance

Bones

Ross Nobles Australia Trip

Or on SBS we have :-

Exploring China

Gourmet Traveller

http://yourtv.com.au/guide/tomorrow/

i was in uk recently and was surprised how bad free to air TV has become. Give me Oz anyway. ABC and SBS are superb channels if you really can't stick the adverts.

Oh and bare in mind Aussie TV is FREE no license fee for HD quality broadcasts.

Edited by jasepom

Yeah Channel 7 used to be awesome but then again it was the shows that were around a few years back that were great. There seems to be a penchant for Aussie cooking and DIY shows atm

Masterchef

My kitchen rules

The Block

Better Homes and Gardens

But it just adds to the choice