Coffs Harbour

Dora3333

Hi

we are moving to coffs at the start of May myself and my partner. We currently live in shellcove which is south coast nsw and are moving due to promotion. Can anybody gives us a heads up of the best places to live? We live by the sea in shellcove and love it, but are open to moving into the country. Any help would be gratefully received.

thanks

Guest Guest40285

No dramas @wakeboard1980

Theres heaps to choose from around Coffs, its a growing town as well, at one stage it was the largest growing coastal town in NSW, like Bobj mentioned there is Korara and Bonville, also places in the country like Nana glen, Dorrigo, Bellingen, Sawtell to the south is nice, all these places are nearby and offer loads, the family life style is good, the areas are safe and friendly, there is plenty to do, surfs great.... some wicked seafood joints, big shopping mall and loads of shops, there is an aiport and a big new hospital, Hope I have been some help, its three hours away from me but I go that way camping a fair bit, Happy days and hope you make the move and enjoy it, Cheers Matt.

No dramas @wakeboard1980

Theres heaps to choose from around Coffs, its a growing town as well, at one stage it was the largest growing coastal town in NSW, like Bobj mentioned there is Korara and Bonville, also places in the country like Nana glen, Dorrigo, Bellingen, Sawtell to the south is nice, all these places are nearby and offer loads, the family life style is good, the areas are safe and friendly, there is plenty to do, surfs great.... some wicked seafood joints, big shopping mall and loads of shops, there is an aiport and a big new hospital, Hope I have been some help, its three hours away from me but I go that way camping a fair bit, Happy days and hope you make the move and enjoy it, Cheers Matt.

3 hrs, just down the road mate in the grand scheme of things ;)

No dramas @wakeboard1980

Matt, that really is beautiful country.clap.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest Guest40285
3 hrs, just down the road mate in the grand scheme of things ;)

Sure is mate, just letting them know, some people think thats a really far dont they ?

Guest Guest40285
I got so confused when you said that lol I thought maybe I had the location of Byron bay wrong. That's happened with me before!

SS Byron is Australias most Easterly point. Not far from the QLD border

Hey Dora,

We live in Coffs and love it. As anywhere there are areas to avoid and areas to love about the place. Depends what you are looking for really. If you are looking in the centre of town the Jetty areas is for the majority of it, lovely. It has a café/restaurant strip with great Italian, Thai, Mexican and Indian food, a supermarket, bakers, butchers etc. The areas around the golf course are also good.

Avoid the Park Beach area for rentals, as well as the Bray Street/Marcia Street area - these can be a little 'iffy' in areas (not all admittedly) Toormina is also not the best area. There has been a spate of burglaries within a specific few streets there recently, however this is being closely monitored by the local police.

Sawtell to the south is beautiful as is Repton and Bellingen (a bit further in land, approximately half an hours drive from Coffs) Both Sawtell and Bellingen have some great shops and cafes/restaurants, Repton is just a little village on the river and very sweet.

Inland from Coffs, to the west is Karangi, Coramba, Dairyville, Nana Glen and Glenreagh. They are all very quaint with often one pub, one shop and maybe a school. You tend to get some cheaper rentals but with lots more land in these areas.

To the north of Coffs there are some beautiful beaches and areas to live. Korora is lovely, clean and a great family place to live, as are Sapphire Beach, Sandy Beach and Safety Beach. Moonee Beach has a largish shopping centre, a tavern and an estuary. They're pretty much all very good family areas.

Emerald Beach has a small shop, an Italian restaurant and a small contemporary café/restaurant called Saltwater with some of the best brunch dishes ever. It has a lovely headland where you can walk through groups of roos, and has a few secluded beaches at either side of the headland. It has a few rentals going at the moment too.

Woolgoolga, or Woopi as the locals call it is also very pretty. It has two beaches, both good for surfing, a small town centre, some good schools and a nice pub.

With the Pacific Highway extension opening up currently, travel times are lessening, Woolgoolga to Coffs is driveable in 25 minutes, Safety Beach in 30 minutes and Corindi Beach further north in 40 minutes. House rentals are approximately $420/470 for a 4 bedroom per week on average.

You've picked a gorgeous area to move to.

Edited by Mogwai