Moving Qld to Launceston

Joan Ann Powell

Guest Guest 47403
Hi everyone,

Has anyone made a similar move in recent months, please? Just wanting a rough idea of the costs involved.

Thanks.

Haven't made the move myself but I reckon the costs will be your flights for yourselves + pets if you have any, guessing your furniture will go by boat and your short term rental.

Haven't made the move myself but I reckon the costs will be your flights for yourselves + pets if you have any, guessing your furniture will go by boat and your short term rental.

Thanks Baz. I managed to work that much out for myself. It's actual numbers I'm looking for. I know mine will be different but just need a very approximate idea.

Hi Joan, we recently moved to Hobart from Melbourne. It cost us $6000 to ship the contents of a 4 bed roomed house (including 2 weeks in storage before we moved into a rental). The holiday let was approx $2000 for 2 weeks for the 4 of us ( and the dog!!)

Hope that is of some help?

karen

Hi Karen, that is so helpful and I really appreciate your reply. We would be doing it a little differently. Storing the furniture, shipping us and the car and campervan and living in that whilst looking for a house to buy. Just one other thing if you wouldn't mind, please. Did that include shipping insurance?

Joan

Hi Joan, That did include insurance (although not the removalists own insurance as they wanted nearly $4000 for that!!) We shopped around online and on the phone and got it for a fraction of that cost! I think it was Coles Insurance in the end!!

Make sure whatever insurance you get covers your stuff whilst in storage too (not just in transit)

hope that helps?

Regards, karen