• Moneycorp

Thread: Cost of living

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

Cost of living

Hi

Ive been thinking about the move to Aus for a Lonnnnnng time now and ive eventually made my mind up, Im coming to Melbourne!! Would love some info on what to expect on the cost of living side, Atm i currently live in Newcastle which is relatively cheap place to live im a sheet metal worker by trade however just working in a call centre doing sales atm. Im averaging about 1600 a month after tax in the uk which comes to around $3000 dollars in Aus. I would be looking at something similar in aus for a 12 month visa anyway until i found a job back in construction and hopefully find a sponsor.

I would be looking for a lifestyle where i could eat out maybe once a week, with a couple of nights out a month! also would like to join a gym and get a mobile phone, i Would really just like some advice on how i would be looking at for rental/bills/ general expenses would be compared to in the uk. Would be looking at moving somewhere close to a beach with a few pubs and restaurants thinking mordialloc or Williamstown

Any help would be amazing:)

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      35948 times
      Rep
      Have a look on here you may find it useful http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/househ...king-move.html
      If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

• NAB

•