working things out

Eddie10

hiya... we are coming over to Perth around June/July time. just waiting for our visas to go through.

we have looked at areas to live and think Duncraig will suit us as my husband will be working in Belmont so wont be to much of a drive each day and we will get more for our money while renting.

i am just trying to sort through costs. we have had removal companies round to quote us on bringing everything out with us but we are starting to think it will be easier and cheaper to sell and buy 2nd hand out there?

my husband will bring home 5k per month after tax etc and just want to be sure we will be comfortable on this wage as i will not be working untill our children are in school.

could anyone tell me how much roughly they spend each month on bills inc shopping. we will be paying around $550 per week rent so any extra costs on top on this?

i have one massive issue with coming out to Oz... our daughter is 3 and is doing really well in nursery.. however i realise they do not start nursery untill they turn 4 so they way it will fall, she will be nearly 5 when she starts out in oz. I am aware we have to give it 2 years to settle into life out there etc... but if we want to come home to England after this time, our daughter will be nearly 2 years behind at school! does this make sence :) has anyone else been in this situation? and also how much does school fees cost now?

i feel i have lots of questions which i assume is normal.... any help on these things would be great :) thankyou x

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Hun, I'm no expert on the cost of living in Perth so hopefully another of our members can help, if not try asking on the Perth forum www perthpoms.com

You do need to think if you are going to be on PR or a temp visa as on PR you will be eligible for family tax and maybe even housing benefit. Again I'm not sure on Perth but here they do have nursery for 3yr olds, you also have the daycare options as well.

I will move your post in to the household section it may get seen more.