fridge has life span?

kayinperth

i am going to move into a house this weekend with my partner :)

we are looking for a second hand fridge,,, but not sure how we select it.

check seals and noise, working condition (cold enough), but anything else we should care about?

looking for 400-500l size, 2nd hand at fridge and washing world (?) was about $350, roughly 10 years old.

it seem ok but if the fridge life was not much longer than 10 years, it will waste the money...

we budget $500 for a fridge atm.

any tips for shopping fridge are helpful! :)

thanks

Guest The Pom Queen

To be honest as long as the seal is ok I wouldn't worry too much if its a second hand one. Even if it was perfect their are no guarantees it won't break down in a week. If you can't afford new have you thought of renting one (although they can be expensive) at least then if it breaks down they will provide you with another.

Fridges don't like being moved. What works fine when you view it may not work after you have moved it. I sold one once on eBay, and I watched the guy drop it as he put it on his van. They also like to be transported standing up. Unless you get it dirt cheap, I would buy new.

Yeah.. I'm aware of movin issues...

at least it's better if I but from pro(not like gumtree) as they know how to treat fridges... Less damage I think.

My parents have a 40 year old fridge that still goes well. But I doubt you will get that out of a modern fridge. I would wait for a sale and buy new if you can. If not and you get a warranty, check what it covers.