Airmiles with Emirates

Guest guest30085

Guest guest30085

Apparently my airmiles are due to expire (it's been that long since I went anywhere :frown:) and I'm not ready to book my flights to Oz, so what can I do with them? I really don't need the earrings or watches or leather bound notepad they advertise on their emails :rolleyes:, can you get a voucher of some sort that can be redeemed at a later date?

Yep you can buy vouchers with them for a couple of places or if you are feeling generous you can gift them to a number of charities too.

Just log on to the website and take a look.

The redeem them options are pretty limited - I was just having a look myself recently.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest30085
why are they about to expire? they should be valid indefinitely as long as you collect 1 avios (airmile) per year. You can exchange clubcard vouchers for avios or collect when you shop online amongst various options.

Hi Rossco

I last flew with them three years ago, and I keep getting emails saying the airmiles will expire at the end of this month. I've never read about the requirement of 1 airmiles per year (I've never really taken any notice of them).

Hi Louisella

Im not able to fly off anywhere at the moment but otherwise that would have been perfect :)

So it looks like I'm going to have to go with the earrings or superb watches they have on offer :-/.

Guest guest30085
i know with singapore you can extend them but you lose about 10/15% - better than losing them all though.

Thanks Londongal, I'll have a look.

Guest guest30085

Just for info..I've just called their customer services.

Airmiles can't be extended with Emirates. You can either exchange for goods, exchange for vouchers to be used at Dubai or transfer them to a friend's or family member's account, before the expiration date. Of course I can't find anyone close to me who has an account and don't fancy transferring them at US$25 per 1000 airmiles :(

Edited by guest30085

Guest guest30085

Hi VS

Just under 30000. It doesn't count for much on the online shop, but unfortunately I'm not ready to book flights before they expire.

And I'm not paying nearly 750$ to transfer. If you know of anything worthwhile I can redeem them against before month end, then please let me know as I don't want a watch nor potential customs charges (if any?) - and the raffle for the seats is no longer operating?

I had the same problem lost about 30,000 not long back :(. Options are poor for anything else but saving for upgrades. But thats got crappy now, recently its been much harder to get the miles, originally you used to get tons of miles on the UK to Aus trip, but then they made it into blocks instead of you getting the miles you actually fly. Since then.. crapp, its no longer good enough for me to choose emerates if they not cheapest

Guest guest30085
I had the same problem lost about 30,000 not long back :(. Options are poor for anything else but saving for upgrades. But thats got crappy now, recently its been much harder to get the miles, originally you used to get tons of miles on the UK to Aus trip, but then they made it into blocks instead of you getting the miles you actually fly. Since then.. crapp, its no longer good enough for me to choose emerates if they not cheapest

They do some fetching rucksacks though ;)

It doesn't cost anything to transfer Emirates air miles - i've done it regularly - it only cost's $25 per 1000 when you need to buy extra ones not to transfer existing ones. People used to sell them on ebay (they have stopped the practice now) but you can certainly book travel for a friend or upgrade someone and work something out between you financially or if you know them you can transfer up to 25,000 (I think that's still the limit) of them to someone else

NWM