Driving in SA - License help???

Lucyjh3287

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
1 hour ago, samwise said:

Can I transfer my Dubai DL to SA? Or I have to do the theory and practical driving tests, and Driving classes? Any idea how much does it cost?

If you're on a temporary visa, then you don't have to -  people working in South Australia on temporary visas can drive with an overseas licence as long as that licence has not expired.

If you're a permanent resident (with a current license) & you're aged over 20, then you'll have to first pass these three tests: theory test, hazard perception test, practical driving test.

If you had a UK license (for example) you wouldn't have had to do the 3 tests, however for a UAE license, you have to do the tests.

According to the govt website, theory test is $34, hazard perception test is $30, driving license is $43 plus $17 admin.

Just have a read through https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/driving-and-transport/drivers-and-licences/drivers-licence/drivers-licence-transfer

• Like 1