Statutory declaration format, appealing CPA, help!!

computerian

Hi everyone!

Finally i decided to have my application reviewed by CPA. I got negative assessment from CPA saying i didnt covered Accounting theory. Now I prepared the document showing that i covered all the topics in my degree that cpa expected in accounting theory. As far as i know, i need to prepare statutory declaration as well. Do anyone know the format of the statutory declaration? Any suggestions in making appeal to CPA will me much helpful.

Thanks

Try the attorney general's site. This is what federal law declares as being a 'legal' statutory declaration. However, if you are not in Oz then these laws will not apply and so the best alternative is to have your stat dec signed off by solictor, magistrate etc

see the site

http://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Pages/Statutorydeclarations.aspx

Try the attorney general's site. This is what federal law declares as being a 'legal' statutory declaration. However, if you are not in Oz then these laws will not apply and so the best alternative is to have your stat dec signed off by solictor, magistrate etc

see the site

http://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Pages/Statutorydeclarations.aspx

thanks for reply, yes i am not in oz. so should my stat dec format should look like that of australia's? Have you got any idea what should i mention? Confused now!

Or as an alternative, how about trying ICAA for a skills assessment. I appreciate that's more money and a delay but you already have the evidence collected for your CPA assessment.

I used ICAA for what it's worth (CIMA qualified)

i wish i could, due to syllabus problem i couldnt. Actually i contacted my uni for the syllabus, they sent me soft copy over email. I printed that and sent to CPA, ICAA doesnt accept this printed syllabus.

thanks for reply, yes i am not in oz. so should my stat dec format should look like that of australia's? Have you got any idea what should i mention? Confused now!

If you see the list of authorised users on the AG site - use one of those equivalents from your country and yes, I used the same format.

I am aware that, because it is not doen in Oz that it is no 'legally binding'. However, I was advised by previous applicants that using this format is the next best thing. I had my school principal sign all of mine - full time teacher is stated as suitable witness.

Hi everyone!

Finally i decided to have my application reviewed by CPA. I got negative assessment from CPA saying i didnt covered Accounting theory. Now I prepared the document showing that i covered all the topics in my degree that cpa expected in accounting theory. As far as i know, i need to prepare statutory declaration as well. Do anyone know the format of the statutory declaration? Any suggestions in making appeal to CPA will me much helpful.

Thanks

From what you have posted, lodging a appeal is probably not your best strategy. May I suggest you consult a Registered Migration Agent for advice about strategy?

Hi everyone!

Thanks

Got mine done for CPA Australia last year. I googled "statutory declaration australia" and got some suggested formats. It's more about what you are attesting to rather than anything else, according to the solicitor witnessing it (cost £5 for that). Good luck!

Got mine done for CPA Australia last year. I googled "statutory declaration australia" and got some suggested formats. It's more about what you are attesting to rather than anything else, according to the solicitor witnessing it (cost £5 for that). Good luck!

hi sebmoran, thanks for replying. is it possible to attach your format? i am really confused about the format.

If you see the list of authorised users on the AG site - use one of those equivalents from your country and yes, I used the same format.

I am aware that, because it is not doen in Oz that it is no 'legally binding'. However, I was advised by previous applicants that using this format is the next best thing. I had my school principal sign all of mine - full time teacher is stated as suitable witness.

hi, did you used the exactly same format? i mean in that format its says :

"Commonwealth of Australia

STATUTORY DECLARATION

Statutory Declarations Act 1959".. so though you didnt make SD in australia, did you mentioned "Statutory Declarations Act 1959"?

i think different country got different date.

• 2 years later...

"Kindly let me know as I also want to go for it. If you know how to prepare then inform me."

Hi everyone!

Finally i decided to have my application reviewed by CPA. I got negative assessment from CPA saying i didnt covered Accounting theory. Now I prepared the document showing that i covered all the topics in my degree that cpa expected in accounting theory. As far as i know, i need to prepare statutory declaration as well. Do anyone know the format of the statutory declaration? Any suggestions in making appeal to CPA will me much helpful. "

"Kindly let me know as I also want to go for it. If you know how to prepare then inform me."

Thanks