Business with children??

mrsr1976

Anyone's thoughts on flying to perth in business class with our 3 and 6 year old? We've never been on a long flight before but have flown lots around Europe. My 6 year old will be great but 3 year old maybe a little more unsettled I just thought it would be more comfy for them to sleep so better for everyone??? Has anyone flown with their children in business?

Agree with the above. If you've the money to spare, go for it but I could think of other things to spend it on.

Seats in economy recline ok for kids to sleep in. Our son slept fine when we flew in October in his economy seat and we had a night flight out of Heathrow. If you get a day flight out of the UK (morning or lunchtime ish say) they won't need to sleep the first leg, especially if you fly via Asia. It'll be the second leg they'll be tired and you could be better off booking a stint in the transit hotel for a sleep then getting on the next flight. Way cheaper than business class also.

I've just flown business class to brisbane with a 5 day stop over in Hong Kong. All in it only cost me an additional £2000 all in including the stop over than premium economy was coming out at. In my mind worth every penny.

the problem is depending on what plane you get on the visibility of your children to you. On the way out we were on a 747 which meant we couldn't see our 6 year old and she didn't like this at first. From hongkong though it was perfect as the seats where designed with a drop down partition.

id definitely do it again. It made the whole experience so much more relaxing and sitting in the loung with free food and drink before you fly really helped.

Being something of a Scrooge myself I'd say save your money. I resent giving airlines any more than I have to and I can put up with almost anything for 24 hours. Kids manage the trip better than adults in my experience. They can sleep anywhere usually and as long as they get to run around at refuelling stops they are good to go for the next leg!

If I was a millionaire I would lol. However no I wouldn't pay business class for my kids cos I know that the smallest one would probably spend more time on my lap than in his own seat. Hubby on the other hand I would pay business for him so I didn't have to listen to him moan about how little room he has on planes lol cos he's so tall he struggles x

Have to say I have never seen kids in business. I fly Oz to Dubai and then to Tanzania every month.

Most business flyers are going to work or coming from and want a peaceful environment to either sleep as they are going to be very busy the moment they get off the plane or will be working.

While the older one might be ok, the younger one has a risk of being a bit disruptive and you could find yourselves being bumped into economy as a result. First is a bit more forgiving - less are grumpy business travelers. But you can't see each other.

Most business flyers are going to work or coming from and want a peaceful environment to either sleep as they are going to be very busy the moment they get off the plane or will be working.

While the older one might be ok, the younger one has a risk of being a bit disruptive and you could find yourselves being bumped into economy as a result. First is a bit more forgiving - less are grumpy business travelers. But you can't see each other.

Fanciful to suggest that the airline would downgrade passengers that have paid for their seats. Unless you're on your own jet, you don't get to choose your fellow passengers.

Business class all the way if you can afford it!

I've seen older children in business, but not usually toddlers. But if you pay for the seat then there's not much other passengers can do about it to be honest, so if it was me I wouldn't have any hesitation in taking children into business if it meant we all arrived rested.

And it's not like children cry the ENTIRE journey, people will get over it, do whatever you want!