Bargain flights to Australia

wolvesaussie

Yeah noticed recently that Royal Brunei are doing bargain flights into Melbourne! good for competition.I actually managed to Fly to Australia with Air Asia for 190 pounds in 2009! beat that!

It may or may not be an issue but it's worth knowing that Royal Brunei flights are alcohol-free - so no wine or beer with your meal!

they wont serve you alcohol but you are allowed to take your on onboard and they will provide you with mixers ....

mrs keily

• 4 weeks later...

we flew royal brunei last year, and they are fine, plenty of leg room for me (6") and plane was clean and tidy, although we had inflight entertainment issues on my daughters seat, but she didnt really care as she had books and coloring stuff!

be wary on your food choice though, as the chicken in random white tasteless sauce wasnt a good option:sad:

but £1780 for 3 was good!!

Has anyone researched how much luggage allowance you get on various airlines. Looks like shopping won't make much sense to us but having a load for bags and weight allowance could do the trick. I've seen like offers on emirates offering 50kg per person in certain circumstances. Any help appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Im not sure why that is, people say it a lot though you can sometimes get $1600 fares from Australia which is 800 pounds more of less so thats not too bad. We are actually attempting to keep forever yearly trips starting in the UK in the thinking that is is cheaper and we will save more in the end even if it means going once every year instead of once every 18mts say. Dont know if this theory actualy holds true.

Just booked the future in laws on Flights over to visit us, £1317 for TWO.... amazing not seen prices like that in years... On royal Brunai not sure what they are like but its is on the new 787 dreamliner according to the ticket so cant be that bad.

I also thinks its a good idea to join one of the free airline clubs ie:krisflyer as I`ve just booked a oneway flight to the UK with Singapore for $450...with my air miles...thx.

Has anyone researched how much luggage allowance you get on various airlines. Looks like shopping won't make much sense to us but having a load for bags and weight allowance could do the trick. I've seen like offers on emirates offering 50kg per person in certain circumstances. Any help appreciated.

Are you migrating? If so is your visa still unvalidated?

we flew Royal Brunei last year, and to be honest, they were pretty good, if your not fussed on the whole drinking on the plane thing, which i wasnt with a little one in tow, then they are a good option.

I would advise against the chicken meal that comes with a white sauce, its not all that tasty, well at all actually, but that is the only fault i had with them.

We didnt get socks and a little goody bag as we did on singapore, but then we saved £300 on each ticket, so it would have to be a pretty good bag!! We had a stop in Dubai, and Brunei, which was nice to get off and stretch our legs, and tire the wee one out before going back to sleep.

Staff were VERY friendly, and really good with the little one, and happy for us to walk the long way to the toilet to waste time and keep the little one occupied.

All in all, we would use them again, although we do like a stopover in Singapore!!

My guess as to why the flights are more expensive in Oz is that people generally earn more and the cost of living is higher compared to UK so airlines are able to charge more.

Free market economics = charge what the market will bear. Ticket prices vary across all countries in the world.

I also thinks its a good idea to join one of the free airline clubs ie:krisflyer as I`ve just booked a oneway flight to the UK with Singapore for $450...with my air miles...thx.

That's a great deal. Trouble is with gathering miles for specific airlines, you feel obliged to use them anyway even when they're more expensive just to get the miles. Same as when WHICH did the survey on the UK supermarket loyalty cards, you end up turning down better deals elsewhere to earn points and it works out more expensive because you can't take up other offers from different suppliers.

I did it with Emirates for years from the UK because they were the only option from Birmingham.....got one cheap business class return to Dubai in about 10 years, my last 12,000 miles have just expired because i couldn't justify booking them back from Oz at the cost.