489 visa processing time

GarethKatieandRhys

Hi all,

I have had my application for state sponsorship from the Northern Territory returned as positive so the next step is to submit my visa application on line (or my agent will be doing this for me). I was advised the processing time for the 489 is the same as the 190 and currently stands at 6 months! Could anyone tell me if this is just a guide or if in fact this is the case?

We have now jumped through so many "hoops" as such and managed to do it successfully so far so I suppose 6 months is nothing in the scheme of things but I was hoping it would be quicker as we just want to get on with it, get on the plane ad go!

I know I'm not the most patient person but any advice and experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

Please see below my timeline, not sure how much it will help but patience is not my strong point either and with Xmas and New Year on its way I believe it slows down a little bit more with more staff on leave etc, it will be 6 weeks on Wed since our Agent subbmitted our main visa and we were told that we should get a case office within 6-8 weeks so fingers crossed it shoudl be very soon, but I will post when we get a Case Officer.

Good Luck with everything and please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Bal.

• 1 month later...
Hi Gareth,

Please see below my timeline, not sure how much it will help but patience is not my strong point either and with Xmas and New Year on its way I believe it slows down a little bit more with more staff on leave etc, it will be 6 weeks on Wed since our Agent subbmitted our main visa and we were told that we should get a case office within 6-8 weeks so fingers crossed it shoudl be very soon, but I will post when we get a Case Officer.

Good Luck with everything and please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Bal.

Got invitation to apply from SS NT 6 January|Apply 10 Jan| Docs & PCC 11 Jan | Have been asked to do med

Hopefully the process will be smooth....

• 1 year later...

Hi there ,

I just want to inquire regarding the working experience part as I am planning to lodge the EOI next week under 489 ( family sponsored)

I have 70 points and I Didn't claim points for work experience... I have my qualification assessed as an Accountant from IPA....

was wondering if I fill in the employment history in the EOI , will i have to get detailed letter of the work experience? coz i have only 1 year of experience and my ex- company refuses to give a detailed letter :(

Would be great if any one could help me to answer weather work experience is a must for 489 family sponsored visa? if my qulification is already positively assessed?

your response would be of great help :)

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I know this is an old trend but we are now in the same position. We have applied for a 489 visa in the NT (after getting state sponsorship etc.) on 30.6.15. We were under the impression that it would take 3 months (as per the immi website). We havent even got a case officer at this stage! Just wondering if any else has had the same experience??

Thanks Karl

• 3 months later...
Hi all,

I know this is an old trend but we are now in the same position. We have applied for a 489 visa in the NT (after getting state sponsorship etc.) on 30.6.15. We were under the impression that it would take 3 months (as per the immi website). We havent even got a case officer at this stage! Just wondering if any else has had the same experience??

Thanks Karl

Hi @Cabenak2, How's your 489 visa? We have yet to receive ours, last uploaded on the 19th of Feb 2016. :SLEEP:

1 year?! :unsure: What was your timeline? We're planning to go to Southern Inland NSW.

Hi we have ours granted in November 2015 and moved to NT in January 2016. Took 4 months from date of application and we never got a case manager just straight in approved . Good luck everyone !