Cost of making the move...

Kooky

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Glad it's helpful :-) I've actually just deleted that version and uploaded a newer one with more recent exchange rates and a formula to work out the net disposable income (the other spreadsheet had the incomings and outgoings but didn't calculate the difference). It also includes the option of a car (vs living in the CBD). Unfortunately I somehow lost all the Aus grocery prices though, so I'm currently going through all these again, but I've only gotten as far as 'chips' so far, I'm afraid!! :-)

Guest The Pom Queen
I've just realised this is in the Transport & Shipping section so may need moving to a more appropriate part of the forum... (cheers, mods!) :)

Sorry Hun only just seen this, will move to household and make it a sticky, thanks for sharing

Thanks. It's still rather organic so plenty of room for improvement, I'm sure, but at least it should give people a rough idea of costs. I would appreciate any feedback on the figures from people actually living in Aus, as I've extrapolated these from hours of online research and forum-trailing - as opposed to actual experience of living over there - so I may have under / over-estimated in some areas (hopefully over-estimated!!).

I-F :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Scott2013, did you manage to open the spreadsheet? I've just tried and it works for me so perhaps it isn't compatible with your software... It was originally a basic Excel document (the new version of MS Office) but I had to save it as Excel 97-2003 as it was the only way I could get it to upload I'm afraid :-/

This spreadsheet seems to think I might struggle financially... is there an excel formula to fix this lol?

Only kidding, may need to scrimp on foxtel and mobiles until OH finds work, but plenty of time to worry about that.

I'm very pleased you created this as i would have done something of a similar intensity anyway, it's much nicer to just modify yours ;)

This spreadsheet seems to think I might struggle financially... is there an excel formula to fix this lol?

Only kidding, may need to scrimp on foxtel and mobiles until OH finds work, but plenty of time to worry about that.

I'm very pleased you created this as i would have done something of a similar intensity anyway, it's much nicer to just modify yours ;)

Ha ha, I'm afraid not! For what it's worth, though, I do have a propensity to overestimate! The figures may not be 100% accurate as they've been extrapolated from talking to forum members and my own online research... If you've noticed anything glaringly over / under-estimated then please let me know :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Thanks Louisella - I've actually been updating it recently - feel free to change it to suit your needs, it has plenty of room for improvement and was just a rough draft (didn't have time to 'perfect' it as I saw this thread and wanted to share it straight away to help out).

Thans so much for sharing this spreadsheet, you have thought of everything. I am a spreadsheet queen myself, but mine is no where as intense as this!! We appear to be in the same ball park for a lot of things such as groceries and car costs, but i guess we will know for real when we arrive in August. Being an accountant, no doubt I will keep tract, and can update people.

Have you not made the move yet Itchyfeet76?

Thanks TeacherBen, I'll give it a go now. The spreadsheet has been updated with last week's exchange rate, whereby $1 = 0.526767p.

Cheers, I-F :-)

PS - It's a work in progress so feel free to modify it / suggest improvements, plus the Groceries bit is half-finished as my hard-drive died and I lost some work as I didn't save it before it crashed :-(

Wowzers, that's amazing! Good work I-F.

• 7 months later...