What options actually available to me?

tomahawk

Hey all, this is a general enquiry on information about visa and the like. I'm pretty certain I know there is little options viable for me but maybe someone on here can highlight some possible routes I may have missed or misunderstood.

I am currently 8 months in to my 2nd year Working holiday visa (4 months left :sad:) and really wanting to extend my stay if possible. I know about the obvious route of sponsorship, but I'm currently working through an agency so it's hard to get to know a company employer well enough to grab the chance of sponsorship as I move jobs every so often. I know there could be a route of studying but I'd prefer not to to be honest.

And I can get an Aussie girl to go out with me for a defacto! Haha

Any amount of insight from people's experience would be great.

Thanks for your time peeps!!

Hey all, this is a general enquiry on information about visa and the like. I'm pretty certain I know there is little options viable for me but maybe someone on here can highlight some possible routes I may have missed or misunderstood.

I am currently 8 months in to my 2nd year Working holiday visa (4 months left :sad:) and really wanting to extend my stay if possible. I know about the obvious route of sponsorship, but I'm currently working through an agency so it's hard to get to know a company employer well enough to grab the chance of sponsorship as I move jobs every so often. I know there could be a route of studying but I'd prefer not to to be honest.

And I can get an Aussie girl to go out with me for a defacto! Haha

Any amount of insight from people's experience would be great.

Thanks for your time peeps!!

problem solved. Time for some big gestures

Ha ha, well the girlie is out as you would need to have lived with her as a couple for a year before applying.

Sponsorship is not an option for most people on a whv as you can't be sponsored for just any job. It has to be on one if two lists. The sol or csol. (Have a look). IF your job is on one if those lists (and you have training, years or experiencd etc) then you may have a very, very rushed chance. Have a look at the lists.

agreed - but you can work unlimited hours during holidays and fees are not that expensive for certificate I, II, III for example

They are more than you end up earning. My husband was on my student visa, so could also only work 20 hours a week. We could pay our bills etc fine on the two part time wages, but nothing towards the course fees (which would be at least $1000 per month).

agreed - but you can work unlimited hours during holidays and fees are not that expensive for certificate I, II, III for example

But a cert I, II, III or IV won't necessarily give you PR at the end of it so you'd be gone anyway. Probably better to plan to retrain (or train) in an occupation which is likely to get you sponsorship where you won't be stung thousands for the privilege. Short term pain, long term gain.

oh, and try harder with the Aussie girls!!!!