Is Adelaide a good place for Chemical Engineering?

douglashv

Hi all!

I will apply for SA sponsorship next Monday. I would like to know what are the job prospects for a Chemical Engineer in Adelaide. I received a positive assessment from EA a couple of days ago, it took 12 weeks, from 2 May to 27 July.

I have done some research. It seems that Adelaide has a strong manufacturing industry, but the job posted on seek.com, mycarrer.com.au, and others are pretty low to non existing, and this scares me a lot! :err:

Any thoughts?

DH.-

Do your HW on the company and get a rock solid offer. Our job offer in Adelaide turned out to be a non-job albeit a different field. Hated Adelaide. Much happier in Melbourne. Where do you live in UK? You need to look at the kind of place you want to live in as well as the job. Adelaide (to us) made Bognor Regis look exciting...

Hi,I'm from Adelaide,and the job market has slowed down.its not impossible to get a job(if you're not fussy what you do)but I would be careful on a skilled job.

Ali B,your comment about Adelaide is interesting.I have lived in Adelaide for 30yrs and did'nt once find it boring.Depends what you like doing I guess?I havent lived in the city burbs for years and prefer a country town.We always found stuff to do,places to go and people to see,

• 1 year later...
Hi all!

I will apply for SA sponsorship next Monday. I would like to know what are the job prospects for a Chemical Engineer in Adelaide. I received a positive assessment from EA a couple of days ago, it took 12 weeks, from 2 May to 27 July.

I have done some research. It seems that Adelaide has a strong manufacturing industry, but the job posted on seek.com, mycarrer.com.au, and others are pretty low to non existing, and this scares me a lot! :err:

Any thoughts?

DH.-

Hi there, I work for an Adelaide engineering company and we are always hiring good engineers. We have an opening for a chemical engineer at present.

Matt. ***Phone number removed by moderator per forum rules*** Send PM

Edited by Ozmaniac
Phone number removed per forum rules