189 or 190

JenPen

Hi Guys

I hope everyone is doing well?

I just wanted to ask a quick question - I seem to be going round in circles again :arghh:

Can you tell me what apart from the sponsorship by the state are the differences between a 189 and a 190 or is it just that?

What is the best route to take - Husband is a Carpenter, we want to move to Perth should we get SS or should we just go Independent?

Thanks so much in advance for your help and sorry for the panic post ha:twitcy:

You also have to live in the state you're sponsored by for 2 years. Unless you need/want the extra 5 points I'd keep things simple and go for the 189. Although the 190 is given preference in processing etc. so is likely to get granted quicker not withstanding issues with Medicals etc.

I'm in exactly the same boat, so I filled in the EOI and ticked both 189 and 190. I'm going to WA anyway so SS gives me extra points. More points equals better chance of an invite, SS means a guaranteed invite. The 2 year thing is a moral obligation only anyway.

Thank you so much guys for clearing all that up, I thought that was the "only" reason.... I think if we can get SS then that is the way to go as it is extra points and a better chance of getting our Visa!! Now to book the IELTS for Hubster to take arrrrrgh!! Sooooo exciting!! Thanks again I really appreciate your help!!

Edited by JenPen

Thank you so much guys for clearing all that up, I thought that was the "only" reason.... I think if we can get SS then that is the way to go as it is extra points and a better chance of getting our Visa!! Now to book the IELTS for Hubster to take arrrrrgh!! Sooooo exciting!! Thanks again I really appreciate your help!!

Personally I would not bother with the extra step unless th e occupation requires sponsorships or you actually need extra points. Otherwise it makes no discernible difference in process or processing time and really it does not in crease your chances very much at all. If you qualify for the 189 you wil get it.

Definitely agree with Rupert - in fact the state sponsorship may take longer as there's an extra hurdle to jump to get it. If you have the points go for the 189. Or do an EOI for both and see which one comes through first.......

Good luck!