Dilemma with Sponsorship Visa!

jenevans24

Hi

I'm new to the forum, Got a bit of a dilemma!

My boyfriend and I have been living in Oz for 2 years on working holiday visa's, now we are back home in Wales. We love Australia and while we were working there near the end of my Visa, my boss offered to sponsor me to work for him, on the Temporary Business Long stay Visa. My boyfriend was going to come on my visa as a partner or de facto. The visa didn't get started until I got home in March 2013 for different reasons. I was just doing Cafe work over there, the boss would have gave me a managers position but now I have heard from the boss that immigration said the chances for getting this Visa is very low and it could take up to June 2014 for a decision to be made. The boss said its because the business isn't earning enough to pay me the wage that the immigration states would be necessary, he said the wage compared to what the business is earning just wouldn't balance out. Clearly this doesn't look good and I'm upset as all we want to do is to be in Australia.

I was wondering if anyone has advice on these questions that I have?

1) Is there any other way of doing another visa? My boyfriend and I both have Degrees in Business Studies and Marketing, could this help us in anyway?

2) Can I have two applications on the go at once? e.g can I have this one going with my boss now and then find other employer to sponsor me?

Thank you to anyone that can give any advice we need all the help we can get! :smile:

Welcome to PIO

From what you have stated - the sponsorship with your old employer is never going to happen. If he can not pay the minimum salary threshold which is now $53,900 which is requirement for a 457 visa, he would likely also struggle to meet the criteria to be a eligible sponsor meeting the benchmarks and training requirements.

New rules came in on 1 July regarding Cafe and restaurant managers, that fast food premises are not eligible to be sponsored.

What other kind of sponsor were you thing about??

Not sure if your degrees can help for skilled migration as you need to nominate and occupation and get a skills assessment, many require a set number of years work experience.

CSOL has list of occupations that are available for employer sponsorship. Some but not all you can go through skilled migration.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/csol.pdf

Agree with above, it sounds like your former boss has received some very good advice. Forget about getting sponsorship to work in a cafe is isn't going to happen.

Skilled migration is the event bet for most people, but a degree won't be enough to qualify, you need to be established in careers first. If you are established then look to see if your occupation I son the skills list, if not you might just need to put this on ice for a few years whilst you get yourselves on the career path.

Thank you for your advice there, Hopefully I can get something sorted. Do you know if there is there a certain amount of time that there has to be before you can apply for a new different Visa, after being declined or canceling the last one?

Not unless you were banned.

Thank you for your advice there, Hopefully I can get something sorted. Do you know if there is there a certain amount of time that there has to be before you can apply for a new different Visa, after being declined or canceling the last one?

No - only if you were given a 3 year ban, you can not apply for another temporary visa.

But any declined or cancelled visas will need to be listed on next visa application. DIAC will have records of why visa was cancelled or declined so would be able to know why.