Can daughter go ahead before the family

Mjwest

Hi we have received our visa grant for a 190 visa. Have so much to sort out now like selling the house for one..... Can't go anywhere until that is sold.... My question is my daughter has just completed a cache course level 2 at college and had we been staying here would have gone on to do level 3 for 2 more years ( she wants to do primary school teaching). She would have been starting level 3 here in September. The way I would like things to turn out is that house sells and we get to perth by December and hopefully get my daughter into college over there doing an equivalent course which I believe would start January time........ What I want to know is if however things don't go to plan and we don't make it over by then can my daughter who will be 18 in September make her way over before us as we have friends there that have said she can go and stay with them. This means we won't have validated our visa as a family and made our first entry but was wondering if there was any way of doing it by maybe there is another type of study visa I can get for her to go alone on until we all get there as a family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guest guest30085

I think the main applicant would have to validate first, having said that you could fly in and go through customs and take the next flight back out of Oz. Your daughter won't need another visa as she has PR in her own right once the visas have been validated (usually main applicant has to validate first though). Sent a PM also

It depends if the secondary applicants have the 8502 condition attached to their visas if they do the main applicant must arrive in Australia first - if they do not yes your daughter can go first. You need to look at the grant paperwork to see if this condition has been attached to the secondary applicants visas.

Personally I would come over together as a family and not send your daughter over on her own . It is a very trying time for anyone settling into Australia and in my experience and that I have found from other expats is that it is harder for teenagers that are not going into the school system find it harder to settle and adjust. It is a real culture shock for them and they find it harder than most to fit in as they have strong connections with friends back home and during this crucial teenage years its is more apparant to them than as a parent than we realise . In my oppinion I would focus as settling as a family and seek training for your daughter over here once you arrive .

All the above is how I would like it to work out but if we don't sell the house in time for the new college year, I also don't want to muck up her education!!! I was thinking more along the lines of a completely different visa like a bridging visa although I know that's not for these circumstances.... But there is 7 of us so it is not possible for us to make the validation journey and come back till the house is sold as flights for all of us is about £5000.00. Out validation trip has got to be when we are making the move.

All the above is how I would like it to work out but if we don't sell the house in time for the new college year, I also don't want to muck up her education!!! I was thinking more along the lines of a completely different visa like a bridging visa although I know that's not for these circumstances.... But there is 7 of us so it is not possible for us to make the validation journey and come back till the house is sold as flights for all of us is about £5000.00. Out validation trip has got to be when we are making the move.

She is a PR there is no other visa required - (bridging visas are for bridging from one visa to another when apply onshore.)

Do NOT apply for any other visa for your daughter - as this will kill the PR visa.

If she does not have the 8502 condition she can go first - and others follow to validate before date stated.

"8502 The holder of the visa must not enter Australia before the entry to Australia of a person specified in the visa."

Edited by lebourvellec

Oh right ok, I'll have to read it properly. As haven't done so yet, but I know on bottom of it it says visa conditions nil!!

If there are nil conditions you wont have it, there should be a document in the all the grant letters you received with each applicant and name, passport number, visa number etc, and conditions. Only secondary applicants will have this condition, not many people have this condition applied anymore.

The university year does not start until late Feb / early March. Have you investigated the course your daughter will be doing (and the fees she will need to pay upfront?). She may need to apply quite soon for a place so don't get caught short. The education system is different here of course and she will need to get her head around it. If your plans are delayed she may be able to start with the mid year intake in July, especially as she will be looking for credit for studies already undertaken.

the best place to start may be the teacher registration body in WA to get some guidance on her pathway.

Good luck with keeping all those balls in the air!

The university year does not start until late Feb / early March. Have you investigated the course your daughter will be doing (and the fees she will need to pay upfront?). She may need to apply quite soon for a place so don't get caught short. The education system is different here of course and she will need to get her head around it. If your plans are delayed she may be able to start with the mid year intake in July, especially as she will be looking for credit for studies already undertaken.

the best place to start may be the teacher registration body in WA to get some guidance on her pathway.

Good luck with keeping all those balls in the air!

Thank you for your help, I will contact the above and see what they say.... It's just knowing where to start!!