Confused on who can certify passport photos

cjenky

Hi All

I just had all my paperwork certified by the JP at our local county court, I still however have to have 2 passport photographs certified. The JP was unable to do this as he does not know me, im not sure who I can get to do this. A friend is a Senior Nurse Practitioner she is authorised to countersign for passports in the UK so would she be ok to use? Can someone please give their experiences in this? Im not sure how you are supposed to write all the information they want on the back of a passport photo either...they are so small and Vetasses are asking for full name, job title, address and telephone number along with the "I certify this is a true likeness of ........

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

Guest Guest26012

There should be a list with the application informing you of which professions can certify! I can sign for most things and I'm a nurse.

There should be a list with the application informing you of which professions can certify! I can sign for most things and I'm a nurse.

Hi Mad Cow

Thanks for the response, there is a list on Vetasses but it is an Australian list and includes professions such as Pharmacist, I did email Vetasses as they advise that each country has its own list of professions that can certify and in the UK Nurse is deffo one of those professions. So I guess that clears that up, however I still don't how your expected to get all that information on the back of the photo!!!! I'm going insane lol

Are you in the uk, cjenky?

If so, anyone on the Australian list that is in the uk can do the signing. They don't have to be an Aussie citizen, just in one of he professions.

We found a really fine fineliner helps with the essay required on the back of each photo.

Are you in the uk, cjenky?

If so, anyone on the Australian list that is in the uk can do the signing. They don't have to be an Aussie citizen, just in one of he professions.

We found a really fine fineliner helps with the essay required on the back of each photo.

Hi

So anyone on the Australian list who has the same profession here in the UK can sign to certify a photograph for Vetasses? If that's correct that makes things so much easier thank you for that.

Hi

So anyone on the Australian list who has the same profession here in the UK can sign to certify a photograph for Vetasses? If that's correct that makes things so much easier thank you for that.

I think so.

You could email or phone Australia house to be certain. I can only give advice on what we did

Anyhow,

I think we got the local vicar to do it. He had known the oh from birth!

For VETASSESS purposes, the person who certifies your photograph does not have to have known you.

Hi thanks for the reply. That is what I originally thought, I emailed Vetasses to be on the safe side and this is the response i received "In most cases a JP/commissioner for declarations may not attest to a photograph being a true likeness of you (the applicant) unless they have known you for more than 2 years"

If I get my Nurse friend to do it at least I will then be covering all bases. Thanks for all the replies.

Claire