Queensland SS

brizi

Hi all,

WOuld like to know if there is anyone who has applied or got queensland state sponsorship.pls share your experiences as to what do they ask about ur commitment to live in qld or availability of funds.HOw long do they generally take to approve the sponsorship.Pls share your experiences.

Brizi:wacko:

Hi I got SS with QLD though still waiting for visa. Nominated within 24 hours for SS once job was back on list, job previously removed and I emailed QLD when I seen it back on. I had to provide skills assessment, proof that I was registered with Ahpra (nursing body), a commitment letter, CV and evidence of sufficient funds.

Hi nick,

Thanks for sharing ur experience.would you be able to shed some light about commitment to live in qld.do we have to write some sought of essay if so how long the essay should be.Also regarding funds how much do we need to show for a family of 4.Would be great if you could give us some clue about what has to be written in about commitment to live in qld.I have tried many forums but could not find many people applying for qld SS.DOnt know the reason.Waiting to hear from you.

Regards

Brizi

Hi I broke the letter down into the following headings -Commitment to QLD - why I chose QLD as opposed to other states, Housing - i spoke about how much I expected to pay weekly for rent and what type of property i could afford and mentioned some housing estates I liked, mentioned websites such as realestate.com.au, Schooling and work - mentioned the schools I had reearched and the type of work I would seek and how I would support us, climate in relation to other states and the lifetyle offered so things like outdoor activities. It does take some research to prove you have considered the state and display knowledge that you really have looked in depth. I mentioned quite a few web sites, even this one to show that I had researched

Money wise I think its about $15000 for first adult and bit less for each subsequent one, if you have property to sell I think you can just state how much you intend to have before you come over

I wrote about 2 pages but it wasnt a huge amount when broken down into paragraphs and headings

dont know why my text has mixture of bold and diff font sizes sorry!

Edited by nic1171