Visa 190 applicant, son with hydrocephalus

princessreiya

Hi everyone! I just lodged a 190 visa, planning to get medical done soon, and I need advice. How do I provide my son's doctor's prognosis and medical reports? To the panel doctor during the medical exam? Or should I just wait for the CO to request for further medical reports?

My son (now 15month old)was born with neural tube defect (had surgery to close lesion on his birth) resulting to hydrocephalus. He's physically ok, no medication, not enlarged head, but scans show he has excess brain fluid. He just started to walk unsupported, and seems ok in his cognitive development. I wish for the HOC to see my child's condition as not likely to require significant healthcare and community service costs.

Any advice from those who had the same experience? Thanks!

It is always best to take consultant reports to the panel doctor appointment as this will be requested.

It is often best to have a registered migration agent with experience of dealing with medical issues.

George Lombard or Peter Bollard ofter recommended in these situations.

Are you using a RMA??

We took consultant reports for our daughter with us to the medical, the panel doctor said that he would upload them with our medical results. Ours stated that no further treatment was necessary so it was useful to have the evidence even though it was a relatively minor issue. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! Im not using a RMA. I feel that it would not be practical to use one at this stage, as only the medical results will matter to the MOC upon deciding to grant the visa. Do you thinks RMA's can 'significantly' help us this time?

@Weston clan, thanks for the advice and congrats!