Totsy

Is it too warm to wear doc martens in Australia? And do many people wear them? Just wondering cos I'm moving over in a few months and thought I might buy a pair before I go! :) Thanks x

I brought mine! You'll find them on sale here in the shops so bring them definately :wink:

From what I remember - they are very popular and very expensive. Buy a few pairs - I dare say you could flog them on ebay. I haven't worn a pair for a while. I tend to go for walking boots as they are so comfortable. But I have a pair of Colorados at the moment. Sadly the company went bust. Bury St Edmunds market was the best place I ever found docs. Really good quality seconds, which appeared flawless for a very good price. Where do you get yours from?

I shall be buying a pair when we are over in the UK in September, it is cold here in the winter, and Doc's will be perfect for keeping my tootsies warm! I wore them throughout my teens/early twenties, don't remember why I stopped wearing them really.

I think my walking shoes are by Colorado, they are the most comfy shoes I have ever owned. I was going to try and get another pair the same, so I am disappointed to hear that they have gone bust.

I'm a docs girl. My current pair are the taller type which come just below the knee, but one of the zips have bust so I either need to get them fixed or a new pair.

Bring them with you, they are not that cheap here, and I have only managed to find two shops in Adelaide that sells them. As I know what size I am I tend to buy them off eBay. Currently eyeing up a beautiful three coloured pair. :-)

Bring them - even if you don't wear them for a while, because they're expensive here! So if you suddenly feel a need or want to wear them again, you won't be struck by the high price tag!

Having said that, if there's a DFO (Direct Factory Outlet) near where you're moving to, they often have at least one store in them that sells Doc Martens that will be cheaper than most high street outlets.

DFO is great when I need more Converse... with a lot of pairs going between $30-60 instead of the usual high street $90+ !!!

• 7 months later...

My daughter's 11 and we live on the gold Coast where it's pretty much sunny and hot all the time but regardless of weather, fashion still prevails and she wears them even in summer with her shorts and dresses etc. And yes they are more expensive here just like most things.

• 6 months later...