Removals insurance and one way travel insurance

TurnersInOz

Hi there.

We are about to make the big move a week on Sunday!

I am currently looking into removal insurance to cover our shipping container whilst in transit and some one way travel insurance for our family of five. We're doing a couple of stopovers, for 3-4 nights each, on the way. I've looked at the older posts but was wondering if anyone has had recent quotes or advice on either of these issues that they are willing to share. I have been quoted £400 by our removal company to cover up to £20'000.

Thanks in advance

Hi! Congrats on the big move! )

Don't know about removal insurance, haven't used one recently, but for travel insurance I have found a list of good companies, here it is - http://www.globespots.com/travelinsurance_uk.php

I recently travelled to Europe and used Globelink from this list, they were rather cheap and covered everything I needed, I think they do one way insurance. Hope this was helpful. Cheers! )

Guest The Pom Queen

I have moved your thread as it was posted in Insure Your Moves own forum and people had replied promoting other companies. Have a chat with John though from IYM he is a great guy and they cover sets something that I don't think Letton Percival does. So if you are shipping a sofa and two matching chairs and one of the chairs gets damaged then with ITM you can claim for a new sofa and two chairs, with most of the other insurance companies they would only replace the chair