TRA Advice Needed

tommo64

Hi there,

I am preparing to submit my TRA but am a bit worried about providing evidence of work experience. I want to be assessed as a fitter (my original trade).

I have had a total of 3 employers over the last 26 years or so. Unfortunately, my first employer, where I did my apprenticeship, has now closed down.

I am also reluctant to involve my current employer at this stage, although I have never worked for them as a fitter anyway.

Has anyone else been in this situation and if so can they advise how to get round the problem. I gather you can use stat. decs but I assume some other supporting evidence might be needed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi

I am also a fitter,nice to see another in same trade posting on this site ,thought i was only one.Advice on TRA is firstly are you using an agent???. because they will be in best place to advise.For my TRA my agent has told me to get as many references as I can and to Stat Dec the others.I have managed to get 4 references out of 7 jobs ive had.hope this helps

Neil...........

Guest Ian&Lou

Hi Tom,

We are also in the process of completing everything we need for thr TRA. My husband has not been able to get a reference from one of his previous employers so we have had to complete a stat dec. Our agent has advised us to include copies of any pay slips, P60's etc we can get. On another thread someone also suggested contacting companies house to get a copy of the company's listing as proof they existed.

Hope this helps

Lou

Hi

My OH did his apprenticship with a company who had closed in 1987. Our agent helped us to do a stat dec (Metal Machinist) for this and a reference from his current employer and our TRA was passed a couple of weeks ago.

OH did appretiship 23 years ago, the company no longer manufacture from that site anymore

so he did a stat dec, he no longer had any payslips or p60s so I found old bank statements form that time and included a few of them highlighting his salary each week.

Jan

Guest jonseywife

Hiya.....

You will probably get away with a Stat Dec, the same as everyone else, BUT we also done a company search, just to get extra proof that the company actually existed and we wer'nt telling porky pies (even though it went under some years ago) , just a thought!!!!

Good Luck with the TRA!!!!

Thanks to all who replied for some very useful advice. I guess from the comments received, alot of people are in the same boat with this. It's encouraging to see there are ways around such problems. I will have to start trawling through my old paperwork to see what I can dig up!!

Thanks once again & good luck to all.

Cheers,

Tom

Archived