Moving back to the UK from GC

Hi we curentley living on the GC and are in the process of moving back to the uk,however Im wondering who else has recently moved back to the uk? what shipping company did you use? and how much did you pay from GC area,

what size container did you use.

we have just had a quote from the company we used to get us here, Robinsons, that is a lot more expensive than what we paid to come here.

cherrs

proview

Hi Proview,

This was a shock, Ive often followed your posts, your timeline for the process is almost identical to mine (im a Joiner), ive only been in oz 7 weeks, would be nice if you could share some of your experiences,sorry it didnt work out, good luck with the move back.

i will give a full detail info when im back in uk, main reason is home sick

cheers guys

Edited by proview

Maggie 2012: I presume you came for holiday? We came twice before and loved the GC, however when you come Herrera to live its totally different when the holiday mode ends, we have been here nearly 10 months and found it hard lack of work in construction and your money goes quicker that water down the sink, financially it's been a hard time for us, at some point you have to say enough is enough.

Edited by proview

Guest chris955

It is so hard when people base an opinion purely on a holiday, I've lived in Australia most of my life and still left :)

We used a small company in Brisbane, I will try and find their details. They left a 20 foot container on the drive for a week, I packed it myself and unpacked it this end. From memory it was around $4000. Good luck with it all.