John Mason ... Been and Gone

Hi guys.

I know that one of the major things to consider when moving to Oz is who to use to ship your precious household cargo across the pond? We had quotes from four company's and finally narrowed it down to John Mason and so glad we did.

Monday morning arrived and we were up bright and early, we were told the guys from John Mason would arrive around 9am, they arrived at 8:15am..... There were two guys who were extremely pleasant, happy, smiley and full of the joys of spring !!!

All I can say is from the moment they entered the house to the moment they left they didn't stop..... Making up boxes, packing, wrapping, they were very careful with all my delicate glass wear, labeled everything up on the boxes with what was in it, the date, who had packed it, who it belonged too and where it was going.

They also made up there own itinerary, we had 104 boxes, and gave us a copy.

Lunchtime came and we asked them what they did for lunch to which they replied that they just work through it!!! Hubby and I decided to treat ourselves to our last English fish and chips and as the lads had worked so hard we brought them some back which they were so grateful for.... However 10 mins later they were back working.

Tuesday came and once again bright and early the lads arrived, did the last of the packing and told us the container would arrive around 12ish...... It arrived about 11.30.

We live up a narrow lane and knew the 20 foot container wouldn't make it up there so the two lads loaded everything onto their large van that they had managed to park outside our house, then drove it down the lane and loaded everything again onto the container ..... Still happy and smiling, no winging or moaning they just got on with it.

So far so good...... Obviously at the moment I cannot comment on its arrival but will do so once it does and fingers crossed everything runs just as smoothly as it has done so far.

Thank you everyone for your best wishes and will keep you up to date with the progress . We are getting picked up at 4pm today (weds 22 May) and our flight leaves at 9pm with Emirates. Really funny as I don't feel worried, nor do I feel excited..... I think it's because it is doesn't feel real at the moment, it feels like I am just going on my holidays !!!!! Very surreal.

Anyway Good Luck everyone with booking your shipping company and if you do decide to go with John Mason, I am sure you will have a good experience..... (Hopefully).

And yes Love Shoes .... We enjoyed our fish and chips :o). X x

So happy to hear that, they are coming to me on Tuesday - I'm so not ready ........ but sure I will be come Tuesday. Good luck

Hi .... Believe me the night before they arrived at ours I thought I was not ready.... But the guys just told me to leave it to them they had it all in hand.

Good luck I am sure you will be fine..... When are you flying and where you heading??? We are going to the Sunshine Coast.... Although I believe it's raining there at the moment : o ) x x