who is the best airline to use to travel from the uk to perth??

hi guys, wer gpoing to perth in a few months to see where we want to live and get a feel for the place before we all move over there, not sure what airline is best to use for price and quality? is it best to book flights well in advance or wait or does it not matter? thankyou x

I don't think there is such a thing. Airlines change their prices on a frequent basis, the cheapest one week can be the most expensive two weeks later. You just need to do your flight searches, identify the best deals and then take a quick look at the airline, there are websites like "airline quality" that you can google and are very helpful.

Gets more expensive the later you leave it as initially they have cheap seats, any of the big airlines I would fly with, the deciding factor for me is where the change of flight is and how long you wait for a connecting flight.

I start to think about flight to UK a good 6 to 9 months ahead. I watch prices and they do fluctuate, the important thing is to have an idea as to what you think is a good deal and when you see it, grab it.

The old myth that flights get cheaper nearer the time is not true, but neither is it true that the sooner you book the better. As I say, I spend a lot of time looking at flight prices and it fluctuates.

Guest Dave53
Gets more expensive the later you leave it as initially they have cheap seats, any of the big airlines I would fly with, the deciding factor for me is where the change of flight is and how long you wait for a connecting flight.

After flying between the UK and Australia possibly 20 times , I agree with the comments above . It's a long way , and an extended stop over enroute is no joke , even if the fare is attractive . There are many airlines and fare combinations you can use between England and Perth , although only a few offer a one stop service . Emirates and Singapore Airlines spring to mind and both offer a reasonable standard of service . Singapore Airlines would get my vote overall .. Hope this helps .

Dave C

Guest Geordee

My favourites are definitely Singapore airlines and emirates. However in the last five or so years we have only flown emirates as they go perth-Dubai-Newcastle. Whereas for us any other airline we would have to go via London or Manchester and then get up to Newcastle.