Importing audi from UK

Evka

Hello,

we have almost decided to bring our Audi A4 avant 08 to Melbourne but I'm still in two minds if I really want to go thought that process.

just received the approval.

can anyone help me finding out the following:

is it true that selling such car in Oz is much harder and I will never get the price as australian imported audis?

Would you recommend any shipping company who does a good job as all the quotes I'm receiving saying whatever I want to hear, i find it hard to compare them as they include different things.

is it worth it, I see my car sells in Australia for everything between $29 - $37k. I would be happy to get sth in the middle, but can not be bother with $29k.

thank you for help

Evka

Guest glilly65

We have just booked our car via something called ro/ro very easy the company we used were very helpfull and very economical :)

glilly65 - have you sorted out your import approval and know what you need to do once it lands in Aus? RO/RO is literally that, they wouldn't deal with the customs side of things.

It may be harder to sell, or you get a bit less than market value but from reading on here, most people have found it makes little difference. It really depends on the car and the market at the time. Something niche or not sold here can go two ways depending on the car but mainstream cars would be fine.

Guest glilly65

Yes our shipping people in the UK have an agent that is arranging all of that for us. They have been extreemly helpfull to us thus far. :) thank you for the reply