Did your things get damaged at quarantine inspection?

LadyMc

The shipper we are considering has advised us that around 60% of consignments have damage done upon the quarantine inspection.

I suspect/ hope this is just a sales technique to get me to take the all risks insurance.

Can anyone tell me if they had any damage done to their shipment and if so how bad it was.

​Thanks in advance

Guest chris955

I have never had anything damaged, I tend not to declare anything that would attract the attention of quarantine. Only ever had a motorbike inspected in a container.

The shipper we are considering has advised us that around 60% of consignments have damage done upon the quarantine inspection.

I suspect/ hope this is just a sales technique to get me to take the all risks insurance.

Can anyone tell me if they had any damage done to their shipment and if so how bad it was.

​Thanks in advance

No, and I would speak to Letton Percival before you take any insurance with a shipper, they are much cheaper and when we needed to claim a couple of emails and they paid out within 2 weeks

Guest chris955

Something else, I have never had insurance on any move we have made. Any breakages over the years have added up to maybe $50-100.