movecube q's

k8bug79

Hi guys got a couple of questions. Put our deposit on movecube yesterday and now the stress begins will we fit it all in lol. Anyway reason for post is i told the removal co we got quotes from thanks but no thanks and why, and they came back saying were all final costs included as otherwise we could have a big cost releasing the shipment on the other side. Sevenseas said only other cost to pay is customs check approx $350 although obviously if things need treatment then that will raise. So those who've used movecube did your stuff get looked through? I have a box of wooden bits plus hubby will have welder and tools so fully expecting them to want to look. If it was inspected were costs any higher than you expected? And finally were there any costs you didn't expect? Also has anyone had 2 movecubes and if so how did that work were there two customs charges?

Hi, we will be using move cube as well, seen too many stories on here of proper move companies under quoting then packing hot air and paper and leaving your stuff behind, much rather pack it myself and fill it to the rafters. Could you take lots of photos when you are filling yours? Im still trying to work out how much stuff u can actually get into them. I am thinking of two as well, one large one small, i presume but havent asked, that there would be two customs charges in Australia in that case.

Hi, we will be using move cube as well, seen too many stories on here of proper move companies under quoting then packing hot air and paper and leaving your stuff behind, much rather pack it myself and fill it to the rafters. Could you take lots of photos when you are filling yours? Im still trying to work out how much stuff u can actually get into them. I am thinking of two as well, one large one small, i presume but havent asked, that there would be two customs charges in Australia in that case.

i'm with u there. we've filled every draw shelf and gap with something. quite a loit packed so far but def not a house worth. large cube and we're fitting 1 standard book shelf, 2 thin bookcases, 2 tall boy sideboards, 1 tall cesdt of draws, one squat chest of drawers, toy box and double bed. lots of ornaments and pictures and sentimentral bits. kids toys, kitchen bits. stressing whether everything we want will fit.!

we've cleared a room and marked the area and height out so are practice packing it but only time will tell. have to say so far 7 seas been very helpful.

​not packing it til July but if i remember i'll try and take pics

We are in the process of trying to get things in one place, we have stuff at our appartment and we both have stuff at our old places. Then we will get it all together and see what we have got :)... Im wondering if i can screw racks onto the side of the wooden cube to put a bike on :)

HiyA

we used seven seas move cube this year for r move and had no problems at all. £990 for the large cube then $349 once it reached Brisbane. It arrived the date they estimated and was delivered quickly. The cube fits a lot more in than u think.

There was a few quarantine stickers on our items to say they had passed, but no extra charges incurred for us.

Pm me if u want any more info.

Hi everyone

I have emailed this company twice now asking for a quote and a few questions they have not got back to me at all. This makes me worry that they are a shower of s..te, and what would they vbe like if things went wrong . Why do companys who want work so this? its so unproffesional? However I see that some of you are using them and have used them with no probs and I am will give it another go ringing this time. What weight limit do the cubes have does anybody know?

I have honestly found out more from you guys on here than on their website which is a bit crap really.

Any help be appreciater

We used them for our move 6 months ago and I've got nothing but praise. Communication and service at both ends was top notch, pricing was very competitive and the delivery took (I think) a few days shy of the 80 days or whatever it was they quoted. So @sunsetaddict I'm surprised that you've not had a good experience with them.

We just had a small movecube and were amazed at how much we could fit in. Admittedly we didn't bring furniture or white goods but everything else from a 2 bed flat - kitchen stuff, bedding, boxes of clothes and shoes, tons of books and dvds, computers and electronics, framed pictures, musical instruments... 300something kilos in total - fit in with ease. We even ended up shoving stuff in that we hadn't intended to bring just to fill up the space! It's much more room that you'd think.

As for wooden stuff, we packed everything (even our olive wood salad bowl!) in a separate, clearly labelled box at the front. As far as we could tell it wasn't even looked at by AQIS.

hth

Thanks Lizzy, did you contact by phone or email? maybe they just dont do email or its gone to span and I missed it. I think what you packed sounds exactly like what we what to pack. Mostly boxes we will only need the small one really, as we are only going for 4 years and OH would go with nothing but 2 suitcase between us ! MEN !

Thats what it says on tbe quote but i asked when i booked and they said there was no real limit

Hi I asked and was quite surprised that the weight limit is the same for all three sizes, so even the small one that holds 18 large boxes is 1500kgs! my OH thought id made a mistake, but its right.