Gagging for a pint. An itinerary in pubs

northshorepom

Just working out our itinerary for when we go home for a visit in August

The first pint will be in here:

brew.jpg

It's a beaut old pub near the river (just to the right of the shot) in Marlow, just down the road from the outlaws' house where we'll be staying at first. I'm expecting a delicious foaming pint of one of Rebellion's finest

What do you mean, family and friends? Who cares......I'm only gonna be there for the beer

:wink:

More to follow as the itinerary develops

​:biggrin:

brew.jpg

Edited by northshorepom

Then I have a quick trip into town organised to catch up with a few business contacts. Might be time for a lunchtime pint in Clerkenwell at our old post-work watering hole:

interior430.jpg

Pub is a bit over-renovated but fantastic architectural heritage nonetheless. And sells beer from my old local brewery in Suffolk, Nethergate. Would be rude not to have a quick pint of Augustinian I reckon

Fox & Anchor exterior 3.jpg

Fox & Anchor exterior 3.jpg

interior430.jpg

Love driving past there every day - should they rename Corio Cairo?

After 4.5 years I've still never been in there, not even for a laugh. Something to do with being in a totally $hit location for a pub: on a main road in an industrial area

After that we'll be heading up to Suffolk & Cambridge.....staying with friends (husband is I suppose famous by association, just to keep Harpo happy. People like that have big houses with lots of spare rooms ;-) )

So I'm imaging the next beer will be in my mate's pub:

QueensHeadPub.jpg

View from the back garden:

views-from-the-patio.jpg

Quintessential English countryside.......best enjoyed with a pint of quintessential English ale. Tough decisions to make, however, as his pub sells Adnams and Woodforde's beers on tap. Broadside or Wherry? Decisions, decisions. Might have to make the decision over a few evenings just to make sure it was the right one

QueensHeadPub.jpg

views-from-the-patio.jpg

Stop it now or I'll start looking at Realmove.co.uk!!

So, who's the bloke you're leeching off?

After that we'll be heading up to Suffolk & Cambridge.....staying with friends (husband is I suppose famous by association, just to keep Harpo happy. People like that have big houses with lots of spare rooms ;-) )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19199[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19200[/ATTACH]

Quintessential English countryside.......best enjoyed with a pint of quintessential English ale. Tough decisions to make, however, as his pub sells Adnams and Woodforde's beers on tap. Broadside or Wherry? Decisions, decisions. Might have to make the decision over a few evenings just to make sure it was the right one

After 4.5 years I've still never been in there, not even for a laugh. Something to do with being in a totally $hit location for a pub: on a main road in an industrial area

One thing I give them credit for is attempting to mirror the ancient Egyptian theme with those fake Doric columns supporting the roof... well, OK, they're Greek.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19194[/ATTACH]

It's a beaut old pub near the river (just to the right of the shot) in Marlow, just down the road from the outlaws' house where we'll be staying at first. I'm expecting a delicious foaming pint of one of Rebellion's finest

What do you mean, family and friends? Who cares......I'm only gonna be there for the beer

Look out for theakstons old peculiar or any of the micro breweries purity who produce a superb beer calld mad goose.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19199[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19200[/ATTACH]Both good ales

Both good ales but I would go for the Adams.

Guest guest74886
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19198[/ATTACH]

Who needs several hundred years history and wooden beams: introducing my local. :wubclub:

Love it

Guest guest74886

Stop it you'll have me crying

NSP you lucky, lucky bar steward! j3.jpg

j3.jpg

If you get up to Whetherby, try the Scotts Arms in Sicklinghall. It is the only place I know of outside Masham with Old Peculier on tap. http://www.scottsarms.com/

we have old peculiar on tap occasionally, it is more of a winter ale being 5.6 alc.......but it soon goes as everyone picks it out of the 3 real ales on offer in our pub, :embarrassed:....I turned the label around one night so I could get the last few pints after work.

Guest guest76088

Old Perculier

Old Toms Ginger Beer

Taylors Landlord

Speckled Hen

All beers worth travelling for. Designated driver obviously.

BigD

we have old peculiar on tap occasionally, it is more of a winter ale being 5.6 alc.......but it soon goes as everyone picks it out of the 3 real ales on offer in our pub, :embarrassed:....I turned the label around one night so I could get the last few pints after work.