Have you flown with etihad??

Hi, looking at booking a flight for our daughter and grandson to come over to visit, seen quite reasonable flights with Etihad, but the reviews I have read were awful, from delayed flights, missing connection flights, lost luggage appalling customer service but these were over 2 years old....

I would be interested in hearing your experiences if you have flown with them.

I have not flown with them yet, but I did book fights to back in 6 weeks time, they took the money out twice for 4 flights! I only found out when I tried to use my card and it got declined due to insufficient funds. 4 hours of calls between them and my bank and got one lot returned. I'm not feeling confident that we will have good flights, but they were cheap!

Hi, looking at booking a flight for our daughter and grandson to come over to visit, seen quite reasonable flights with Etihad, but the reviews I have read were awful, from delayed flights, missing connection flights, lost luggage appalling customer service but these were over 2 years old....

Hi I flew with them in feb this year with my 2 daughters. I thought they where great. Food, staff, movies and games for the kids. I would use them again..

Guest littlesarah

Reviews of most airlines tend to be mixed, I find. Some of it is down to human error that results in mistakes (and the key then is how well they rectify those errors), sometimes flights are delayed or cancelled due to circumstances that are beyond the airline's control, and sometimes passengers may expect more than they paid for.

People I know who've flown with Etihad have mostly been happy with the service they received on board. But not everything goes to plan, every flight I guess...

Before i booked Etihad i had read some awful reviews but price wise it made sense for me to book with them, i couldn't have been happier with their service and the overall experience was great. The service was fab and it left me feeling dissapointed when after i travelled with Virgin which for me just didn't live up to my expectations. So my experience with Etihad was a positive one!

Guest chris955

I have flown with them once and found them absolutely fine, not quite up there with Emirates but good one the less.

As someone that flies longhaul frequently, I can say that economy is much the same from airline to airline. The differences are not worth much. Choose a balance of schedule and price. Etihad is a good airline, Abu Dhabi is an easy transfer. Business and First with Etihad a superior to European airlines.

Roger that. People beat themselves up way too much over this stuff IMO. One first world airline much the same as another IMO, you can have good and bad experiences with any and as such it ends up being down to personal preference

We flew with Etihad to Australia and back a couple of years ago, and they were great.

I fainted on the flight home (should have moved around more, but had two sleeping teenagers lying across me for hours, which did nothing for my low blood pressure!) and the staff were fantastic with me, and looked after me with a lot of concern. Bit embarrassing for me, but the staff were used to it.

We would definitely fly with them again.

:biggrin:

We flew Etihad London to Sydney return in March and April this year with our two young children.

The flight between London and Abu Dhabi took about 7 hours, and the flight from Abu Dhabi to Sydney about 14 hours.

There were lots of extra seats on the Abu Dhabi -Sydney and Sydney - Abu Dhabi legs so we ended up with six seats between the four of us, which meant the children could stretch out and sleep. The longer flights was operated by Virgin Australia.

The flights ran perfectly on time, the staff were friendly and helpful. Transfer was easy and pretty quick. Over the years we have flown BA / Qantas, Emirates, Malaysia and now Etihad / Virgin. Would say Etohad and Malaysia would be my pick. Food was as you expect, good entertainment system, no complaints from us.

We went with them for validation trip. 2 adults 3 children. I too was worried about some of the write ups I had seen, but were £150 cheaper than next best. Found them very good, food OK, entertainment good, kids happy with ipods,DS, tablet etc as they charged them up from the seat. Abu Dhabi airport a bit grim in parts though. Enrolled everyone into their frequent flier programme, and linked all their miles to my account. I can now convert the points to cash to use online (a nice £280 bonus to spend in Amazon!)