Sheidow Park in Adelaide.... Any advice??

Wenstu

I'd post this question on Poms in Adelaide - there are quite a few people down that way over on the site. I live on the opposite side of the city in the northern part of the eastern suburbs (or the southern bit of the north eastern suburbs depending on how you look at it) and don't really know Hallet Cove or Sheidow Park that well. We have been to Hallet Cove and it does look very nice, if somewhat hilly, but I couldn't comment on what it's like to live there. To find out a bit about the schools check out the myschool.edu.au website. You can put in the area you are interested in and it will bring back the schools in the area. Have a look at the Naplan results and also check out the school's own websites - we found we got quite a feel for the schools from their websites.

We are looking at Hallet Cove and Sheidow Park. The houses seem pretty reasonable and quite new. Does anyone have an knowledge of the area please? Are there decent schools??

thanks

Can't comment on the schools, but the area is very much on the up and up, they are spending a lot of money on upgrading the infrastructure down that way (rail and road). We are looking at moving down that way and probably a little further south (Christies Beach). It still means that we can be in the city with 40 mins, the beach in 1 and McLarenvale wine region in 15 - pretty perfect in my book!!

NWM

Thanks for replying. The area looks really good, had a look at the primary school too and seems pretty good. Is Christies beach as far down as Aldinga beach.? We initially looked there but someone had said over an hour into the city, the thing is, is an hour ..rush hour or school holidays.???? It's hard to gauge when we are still in the Uk.

Living in a big city, an hour is the norm for a Commute. We are ideally looking for new build suburbia with a decent primary school that's not too far from the beach and as long as its got facilities in driving distance. We are not looking for nightclubs on our doorstep but would be great to think you have a few restaurants that's accessible.

Thanks for replying. The area looks really good, had a look at the primary school too and seems pretty good. Is Christies beach as far down as Aldinga beach.? We initially looked there but someone had said over an hour into the city, the thing is, is an hour ..rush hour or school holidays.???? It's hard to gauge when we are still in the Uk.

Living in a big city, an hour is the norm for a Commute. We are ideally looking for new build suburbia with a decent primary school that's not too far from the beach and as long as its got facilities in driving distance. We are not looking for nightclubs on our doorstep but would be great to think you have a few restaurants that's accessible.

No, Christies beach is about 15 mins nearer the city on the North end of Noarlunga (nearer to Sheidow park) - there are a few rougher areas (by Aussie Standards,not by mine coming from Paisley) near there but nothing too bad.

​NWM

Thanks NWM, that's good to know. We are relocating from Glasgow. Is there any areas we should avoid? We need somewhere child friendly as we have a 5 year old. How long have you been in Oz??

Hackham is considered a bit rough by some as is Noarlunga Downs - but I think if you get a short-term rental when you arrive you'll quickly work out whats good and what's not. As I said, the whole area is getting investment so personally I think it's an area that is worth buying into for longer term benefits.

​NWM

Hackham is considered a bit rough by some as is Noarlunga Downs - but I think if you get a short-term rental when you arrive you'll quickly work out whats good and what's not. As I said, the whole area is getting investment so personally I think it's an area that is worth buying into for longer term benefits.

​NWM

I'd agree about it being an area worth buying in to. Once the train line opens back up again I can see the southern suburbs becoming more popular for people commuting to the CBD, especially as house prices that way are relatively cheap at the moment. While I personally don't want to live down that way, for various reasons, if we had the money we would definitely be looking at buying an investment property in the area.

Hiya, we have just bought our first house in Hallett cove... We started off in Fulham Gardens but just couldn't afford the houses there.

our kids are loving school and have found great friends. Also love having a local pub near by.. The cove does great food and has bands on now and then . Good luck with everything

Hiya, we have just bought our first house in Hallett cove... We started off in Fulham Gardens but just couldn't afford the houses there.

our kids are loving school and have found great friends. Also love having a local pub near by.. The cove does great food and has bands on now and then . Good luck with everything

That's great news. Congratulations. It's ideal to have a good pub near by, what school are the kids at?