G,day from Wanneroo

Suspect Device

Just a short note to say hi. Lived in Oz for a little over 9 years now and love it. Originally from Portsmouth, UK.

Happy to pass on any tips to those who are new to the country or are looking to move over.

Um, just notice the poor use of an apostrophe in the title, bugger!

Edited by Suspect Device

G'day Suspect , welcome to the site , still got all my and that SLF single .........btw Killing Joke are coming in June too............saw Hugh Cornwell(Stranglers) a couple of yrs ago at the Flyby club , was a great show....................

Saw Hugh Cornwall at the Charles Hotel a year or 2 ago. Great night. I'll keep an eye out for killing joke.

Guest scrumpy
"Bunvegas", quiet little place, only been there to go out diving or pass through it when heading further south.

You into scuba?? One of the reasons we choose Bunbury is cos of artificial reefs etc,

You into scuba?? One of the reasons we choose Bunbury is cos of artificial reefs etc,

You go from Bunbury to dive the LENA, a purpose sunk wreck. It was an old toothfish fishing vessel that was caught illegally fishing in Australian waters. They confiscated and sunk it as a dive attraction. Busselton is just down the road, you can get out and dive HMAS Swan from there.

There are a couple of dive shops in Bunbury, Ockys Underwater World and Coastal Water Divers. Both good.

Guest scrumpy
You go from Bunbury to dive the LENA, a purpose sunk wreck. It was an old toothfish fishing vessel that was caught illegally fishing in Australian waters. They confiscated and sunk it as a dive attraction. Busselton is just down the road, you can get out and dive HMAS Swan from there.

There are a couple of dive shops in Bunbury, Ockys Underwater World and Coastal Water Divers. Both good.

Do you know if it is allowed or worth bringing our scuba gear over?

Son and I havnt done alot to be honest, Cornish weather & sea very unpredictable, but Im sure the warmer waters will be far far more appealing, we have only got our 20m depth, but would like to continue over there.

Do you know if it is allowed or worth bringing our scuba gear over?

Son and I havnt done alot to be honest, Cornish weather & sea very unpredictable, but Im sure the warmer waters will be far far more appealing, we have only got our 20m depth, but would like to continue over there.

I'd bring all your gear except tanks. Tanks over here have an imperial neck thread and valves are fitted with burst disc's. During the summer the water will be around the 23C mark.

Here's some footage I shot of the Lena, I was out with Ocky's Underwater World. I had the camera strapped to my head!

[video=youtube_share;CiytVfEsDBU]

Guest scrumpy

Well in that case I will leave the cylinders behind, and Im guessing there is no need for an insulated dry suit!

Ok so thats a hobby dealt with, now on to work.

Wifey is a graduate hairdresser

Im a plumber, but really really would like a change, anything "not office based" would do for me, any suggestions or anything in demand?

Cheers again

Edited by scrumpy

Just a short note to say hi. Lived in Oz for a little over 9 years now and love it. Originally from Portsmouth, UK.

Happy to pass on any tips to those who are new to the country or are looking to move over.

Um, just notice the poor use of an apostrophe in the title, bugger!

Hi! I'm from Portsmouth too ....welcome to poms! I'm sure your help will be much appreciated.