Finally making the move as the visas are due to expire!!!

LadyCroft

Hi there

We have been on this forum before a few years back when we applied for our original visas and validated them in 2009. Since then we have been stuck in the UK as we need to sell our house and pay back the mortgage company before we go. We can't afford to rent it out as we would not make enough to pay back the mortgage (yes we were idiots and bought the house when they prices were out of the stratosphere) and we have been stuck, stuck, stuck for the last few years.

One of the nicer things is that we decided not to put off having a baby until getting to Australia as we were not sure it was going to happen and then along came our little one recently so we have decided to get things back on track, apply for a Child Visa 101 and get to Australia before our visas expire at the end of this year rather than let them lapse and spend the rest of our lives wondering "What if"...

:arghh:

I am TERRIFIED!!!! Don't have a CLUE what I am doing and drowning in information. OH on the other hand is blase about it all and determined we will get there and make it work as it has been his life long dream to live in Australia.

We lived in Melbourne and loved it back in 2005 when the financial side of things was much healthier. By the time we got our visas it was 2008 and the stock markets crashed and everything went **** up. We have been sitting here in the UK waiting for things to get better but nothing has changed and this is basically our chance to give it a go or give it up.

Anyway, I hope I don't annoy you all with too many stupid questions and hope to be settled in Oz with a home and jobs by this time next year!!!!

Hi LadyCroft & Welcome

The wonderful stresses of moving!

If you are planning on returning to Melbourne the you might also check out the PIO sister site Life in Victoria - link at the bottom of the page. Lots of newbies to Melbourne on there - plus people moving soon.

Tee

Hi LadyCroft & Welcome

The wonderful stresses of moving!

If you are planning on returning to Melbourne the you might also check out the PIO sister site Life in Victoria - link at the bottom of the page. Lots of newbies to Melbourne on there - plus people moving soon.

Tee

Thanks for the link. I am one of those people who needs to know exactly what is happening and what the future is going to be before it happens so I can prepare LOL!!!

Stressed!

Hi Ladycroft,

we have also being trying to sell our England home for the last 18 months its a night mare, we just want to make the move to melbourne also and begin our new life!!!! The stress ....... Ha ha I am a great believer if its meant to be it will be !

I hope all goes well and works out for you xxx the stress will be worth it in the end!

Im like you guys have had my visa for years but did not go and due to expire mid august it was miss out on the chance in going or give it a go,i since getting my visa met my girl got married,had a baby girl who is now 8 month old and they now have there visa,we are booked to go end of may,house is not sold or rented gonna leave this with family to deal with when we are away,as so much to do and deal with and very litle time left.But like you guys its been a dream of mine to move there,been there plenty of times,worked there and backpacked there so thought if i did not go i would always thing what have i missed etc.

It is like wow we are really doing this and scary at times,but its something we need to give a try and to be honest i think it should be fine,unless work is a problem for me which i hope is not,as its really busy in my line of work.

Hi there

We have been on this forum before a few years back when we applied for our original visas and validated them in 2009. Since then we have been stuck in the UK as we need to sell our house and pay back the mortgage company before we go. We can't afford to rent it out as we would not make enough to pay back the mortgage (yes we were idiots and bought the house when they prices were out of the stratosphere) and we have been stuck, stuck, stuck for the last few years.

One of the nicer things is that we decided not to put off having a baby until getting to Australia as we were not sure it was going to happen and then along came our little one recently so we have decided to get things back on track, apply for a Child Visa 101 and get to Australia before our visas expire at the end of this year rather than let them lapse and spend the rest of our lives wondering "What if"...

:arghh:

I am TERRIFIED!!!! Don't have a CLUE what I am doing and drowning in information. OH on the other hand is blase about it all and determined we will get there and make it work as it has been his life long dream to live in Australia.

We lived in Melbourne and loved it back in 2005 when the financial side of things was much healthier. By the time we got our visas it was 2008 and the stock markets crashed and everything went **** up. We have been sitting here in the UK waiting for things to get better but nothing has changed and this is basically our chance to give it a go or give it up.

Anyway, I hope I don't annoy you all with too many stupid questions and hope to be settled in Oz with a home and jobs by this time next year!!!!

Hi Ladycroft,

we have also being trying to sell our England home for the last 18 months its a night mare, we just want to make the move to melbourne also and begin our new life!!!! The stress ....... Ha ha I am a great believer if its meant to be it will be !

I hope all goes well and works out for you xxx the stress will be worth it in the end!

Only one house has sold in our street inthe past year and it was one of those "WeBuyAnyHouse" type of deals as the owner is property tycoon and was renting it out but it became too much of a hassle for him so he sold it for £20,000 under the valuation!!! :arghh: So now when people check sold house prices they will be unwilling to pay what the houses are actually worth or even close to it...

Anyways, here's hoping things work out for us all. Best of luck to you too. I have read that house prices are due to rise by the end of 2013 so you never know. My Mum always used to say "What's for you won't go by you" and I HATED that expression but the older I get the truer it seems.

I go from day to day with the "I am soooo excited" and can't WAIT to be sitting in our old favourite cafe on Domain Road in the warm evening sunshine and then the next day "What the hell are we doing... This is MADNESS.... I am not going anywhere!". The thought of NOT going back and seeing the place again, actually living there day to day makes me very sad so I guess we will just give it a go. The problem is that it will be such an expensive mistake to make if things don't work out. I am a natural born worrier anyway. Maybe once we arrive and as long as we get work/rent long term in a decent area and get school place I will be able to look forwards to the future rather than this living in limbo not knowing what we are doing next.

Good luck with it all to you too. I will be following your posts with interest as we are soooo in the same situation!

I go from day to day with the "I am soooo excited" and can't WAIT to be sitting in our old favourite cafe on Domain Road in the warm evening sunshine and then the next day "What the hell are we doing... This is MADNESS.... I am not going anywhere!". The thought of NOT going back and seeing the place again, actually living there day to day makes me very sad so I guess we will just give it a go. The problem is that it will be such an expensive mistake to make if things don't work out. I am a natural born worrier anyway. Maybe once we arrive and as long as we get work/rent long term in a decent area and get school place I will be able to look forwards to the future rather than this living in limbo not knowing what we are doing next.

Good luck with it all to you too. I will be following your posts with interest as we are soooo in the same situation!

This time last year we was in melbourne, sampling melbourne life on a holiday!! It is sad that its being a year and we are stuck here , couldn't believe reading your last post because it was as if I had wrote it as its exactly how I feel.... Crazy I know! As for the expense it's a massive commitment that could go either way.... Like you say though you've just gotta give it a go because don't know about you but we would live to regrett it! A good thought is hopefully could be in melbourne bery soon and meet up!! Share the experience .

Speak to you soon, Katie

This time last year we was in melbourne, sampling melbourne life on a holiday!! It is sad that its being a year and we are stuck here , couldn't believe reading your last post because it was as if I had wrote it as its exactly how I feel.... Crazy I know! As for the expense it's a massive commitment that could go either way.... Like you say though you've just gotta give it a go because don't know about you but we would live to regrett it! A good thought is hopefully could be in melbourne bery soon and meet up!! Share the experience .

Speak to you soon, Katie

Thanks Katie. I definitely think I will regret it if we don't go and likely regret it if we do go and it doesn't work out... Better to have loved and lost and all that I suppose!

That is a good thought. Let's meet up in Melbourne!!! Where we will all live happily ever after :twitcy:

Best of luck to you too.